Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Excalibur vs. Ir3

p8ntslinger

Pie eating mid player.
Nov 4, 2002
I don't know.
Visit site
I am looking to buy a new marker, it will either be an Excalibur or an Ir3 C&C. Now I just have to decide on one of them( damn the luck I can only get one). the fact that the excalibur takes cocker barels and I have four barels and a freak set for the cocker I have now will play a big part in what I buy. so I just want your thoughts about both.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by weedave
ir3 hands down:D
At least back up your suggestion with reason.

Both are excellent markers and are backed up by superb customer support, now that AKA have lifted the rof cap on the excal its a serious contender in terms of rof. If you believe in the 'closed bolt' accuracy then obviously the excal has that edge. The excal, once broken in runs at low pressure so it won't chop balls, this is a more reliable method of chop prevention then electronic methods (cops). The angel has a lot of features but half of them you'll never use, and for me 25 menu screens to scroll through is just too much!
The excal is also more efficient and more consistant then the angel, expect +/-2 fps over the chrono with a good paint/barrel match.
For my money I'd take the excal, but thats possibly because I've already 'done' the angel thing!

Paul
:)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Well with a halo b it can be set around 18 bps if memory serves me right. You need a Halo b for that rof setting because of the way the marker works. i.e. the bolt speed is open for 1/16th of a second.

Paul.

Micah

Originally posted by Paul_collier
At least back up your suggestion with reason.

Paul :)
How come when I say that I get chewed out?

Ok, as I see it, the pros and cons of each.

IR3 C&C:
Pro: VERY VERY Fast
Pro: Look VERY VERY SWEET imho
Pro: C.O.P.S. = no chops
Con: Shoot too much paint ... Cuestan mucho dinero ($$$)
Con: Not a super consistant shot grouping(my experience as well as others) this equals less accuracy this is amplified with distance so if you're a front guy it's not as big of a deal.

Excal
Pro: VERY Consistant = Very accurate (with good paint of course)
Pro: Very good gas consumption.
Con: Not as fast (not sure if this is really a con)
Con: Not very visualy stunning, more of a sleeper (shoots great, doesn't look the money)

Well, that's how I see it. the excal is also a little umm heaftier. It ads to stability but it also adds to muscle growth :D Something to think about maybe?

Well that's how I see it ... Maybe go for an ultra lith excal (or what ever AKA calls them)

-Micah

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
I am surprised Paul didn't recommend a Viking

instead of either marker you mentioned. (Otherwise Paul is absolutely correct across the board)
AKA do have a new ultralight Excal and regular one isn't particularly heavier anyway but Viking has almost all the virtues of the Excal and when you begin to compare prices, typical tourney field sizes these days and new AKA software why not go Viking? You won't be outshot and better yet more balls will go exactly where you want them compared to an Angel.

And, oh yeah, Micah is actually almost correct except that muscle growth bit. If a few ounces of gun weight is gonna put some meat on his bones he clearly needs the exercise. ;)