Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Free laptops and internet conection

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
petitions.number10.gov.uk
[FONT=&quot]That’s right people the British government want to give away 270,000 free laptops with Internet connection. However to qualify for this you must already be a burden on society living on taxpayers money and not working.

Sounds good? Lets all quit our jobs and live the good life thanks to the wonderful Gordon Brown.

Personally I don’t want to be one of the 270,000 people who will benefit from this. Id rather protest it and try and stop this outrageous spending of British tax money. maybe we should ask for free paintballs ?

Please if you agree sign here http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Freelaptopblock/

although I agree with this I didn’t start the petition, and I was asked to post this around a little. I even spell checked this. [/FONT] *[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

snax

round the town funky kwow
Mar 11, 2008
st.neots
I dont know about the rest of the people on here, but a free laptop still wouldnt change on how much i would love to kick gordon brown in the face.

I also think its stupid How i pay taxes and im not old enough to vote what or who i pay taxes for

Free laptop , Free bull$h!t

Smally85

Super5ives 2010 Champions
I'm confused, what do you get the laptop for?

Is it to help you find gainful employment? If so I'm all for it, although what exactly is stopping you getting off your ass and going to the local job centre to find said employment the old fashioned way?
Or is it simply a way to win a few votes, that said, how many of these people even bother to vote?
Whilst you are at it Mr Brown why don't you cut 15% of Armed Forces spending, that'll help the unemployment figures so you can give away some more laptops! :D

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
[FONT=&quot]Low income families,

am not sure am 100% here but my 30 seconds of research came up with people on wages of under standard minimum wage. So make 20k a year in benefits your fine for a new laptop. But work for 13k your not getting.

I believe its aim at helping poorer family keep up with rich families.
Not sure how rich you need to be to afford a laptop. Or £15 a month for a good connection (less for poorer conection)

all I see happening here is.

1. Tax payers get more upset at the amount of money unemployed get
2. Taxes increase
3. Most of the people who get these already have a pc
4. Half of them are sold of for drug and drink money[/FONT]

head_-_shot

UK Under 19's & London Tigers.
Oct 25, 2008
London
www.facebook.com
with just 270,000 being dished out, only those worst off families will be given one.

In this day and age I think every one should have acces to basic computing, I'm all for this scheme.
Yes.
Computing is such a mundane thing nowadays so the fact that some people living in this supposedly equal country is appalling.

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
with just 270,000 being dished out, only those worst off families will be given one.

In this day and age I think every one should have access to basic computing, I'm all for this scheme.

[FONT=&quot]
Library has free access. Schools have after school programs, and even most social clubs have sum available.[/FONT]

Noone should get anything above the bare minimum to keep them alive. As a kid I was told to work for anything I wanted.
Jobs are there. If everyone worked we could pay allot less tax. Cutting business costs etc meaning more jobs available.

equal country is far off.
i pay taxes and get no benefits other than the NHS. i could chose not to work and make just as much money. with free rent. council tax, etc

Smally85

Super5ives 2010 Champions
Yes.
Computing is such a mundane thing nowadays so the fact that some people living in this supposedly equal country is appalling.
Whats supposed to be equal about it? You've got just as much of an opportunity to go to school, do your studying and get good grades as I have.
You have the same opportunity to get an apprentiship as I have.
You have the same opportunity to wear a condom and not get your 16 year old girlfriend pregnant as I have.

Why should the tax payer give laptops to people when they could instead be sending them on educational courses to improve their lives?

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake

In this day and age I think every one should have access to basic computing, I'm all for this scheme.

I totaly agree, but i know this will be abused by so many people claiming they need the laptop when they dont as they already have internet access.