Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How much will a case of .50 cost in the UK. (prediction)

paintball_scots

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2008
glasgow
After World Cup People on PBnation are saying that draxxus is going to start selling .50 for $25 for a case of field paint. 30 for bronze 35 for silver and 40 for gold, it seems way too good to be true but we will have to wait and see.

so im going to work out how much it should be for us using current trends with .68 pricing compared to America and the UK

Before i start im going to say that there has been no confirmation on the prices and i am just making an educated guess based on pricing trends of .68 so dont take any of this for fact.

Now im going to use Zephyr paintball based in California (mainly because California is the cheapest state to buy paint in)

And for my UK store im going to use Lips(because they seem to stock the full range of draxxus paint)

im working on gold and hellfire, silver and inferno ect being the same paint which it pretty much is. although i know rec-sport and triumph arent the same paint im going to compare the price of the two.

Gold:$70-without sales tax of 8.25%= $64.25

Silver:$60-without sales tax of 8.25%= $55.05

Bronze:$55-without sales tax of 8.25%= $50.46

rec sport:$45-without sales tax of 8.25%= $41.28
----

Hellfire:£36.74-with out VAT of 15%= £31.22

Inferno:£33.29-with out VAT of 15%= £28.30

Blaze: £32.14-with out VAT of 15%= £27.31

Triumph:£26.09-with out VAT of 15%= £22.17
----

So by dividing the US price of paint by the UK price of paint i get a kind of "paintball dollar" exchange rate.

Which averages out to be 1.93 "paintball dollars" to the pound

So using this exchange rate i can get a rough idea of the price of .50 paint in the UK.

Gold= £20.70

Silver= £18.13

Bronze= £15.54

field= £12.95
----

Then including VAT at 15%.

Gold=£23.80

silver=£20.85

bronze=£17.81

field=£14.89

----

So thats 13 quid off a case of paint (ish)

If it is going to be this cheap then other companies better jump on the bandwagon or else Draxxus/Smart Parts/GI milsim will take over the paintball market.

3L1TE hax

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2009
that was pacey, mods i pressed the back button and tried to get into it and i couldn't :p

When you think about it most markers are going to get cheaper. As instead of adding kits people will just make 50.cal markers which you could mill so much off.

nice idea scot, i hadn't thought of doing it like that.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
May be this cheap as an introductory price so as to force the market, certainly don't expect it to be that cheap in the UK.
History of US/UK price comparisons will lead me to believe that price drop will be more in the region of 15/20% as opposed to 30/35%.
Saying that, that is still a healthy reduction in cost

PaintballWizard

The best in the west!
Oct 5, 2009
Just thought i'd add - we don't know how much paint we're gonna get in a case too. Could be 2,000 or maybe more :) or even less when you consider the price........ :(

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Paint will come in cases of 2000.

I wouldn't expect it to be as cheap as you are calculating, to be quite frank about it you are trying to compare apples and oranges. If you pick the cheapest supplier in the states, you should pick the cheapest in the uk, if you pick the most expensive in the states you should also pick the most expensive in the uk.

If you are saving £10 a box I'd imagine thats the height of it and thats being extremely optimistic.

I'd say it is more likely to be 6 or 7 quid a box saved BUT when you calculate that by how much paint your team uses in a year, it is a substantial saving.

paintball_scots

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2008
glasgow
Paint will come in cases of 2000.

I wouldn't expect it to be as cheap as you are calculating, to be quite frank about it you are trying to compare apples and oranges. If you pick the cheapest supplier in the states, you should pick the cheapest in the uk, if you pick the most expensive in the states you should also pick the most expensive in the uk.

If you are saving £10 a box I'd imagine thats the height of it and thats being extremely optimistic.

I'd say it is more likely to be 6 or 7 quid a box saved BUT when you calculate that by how much paint your team uses in a year, it is a substantial saving.
Even though i did this whole thing im still pretty skeptical that it could be that cheap, keep that in mind.

I looked into paint prices in America and draxxus enforce a MAP on online sales so the prices i quote are going to be the same across the board.

The reason i say paint is cheap in Cali is Mike Hinman wll sell you draxxus silver for $30 at an event.

I've always been taught if it looks too good to be true then it probaly is so i wouldnt get your hopes up to much.

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
If it is lets say an average of £6 off a box of £30 paint (would that be a good comparison Dusty?), then at least to start with thats a saving of 20% on paint. Based upon a guestimate of my paint usage over the last 12 months that could be a saving of about £250 for the year for me, providing on the basis I dont fall into the trap of if it costs less I may use more? :rolleyes:).

I'll buy that for a dollar. :D

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Even though i did this whole thing im still pretty skeptical that it could be that cheap, keep that in mind.

I looked into paint prices in America and draxxus enforce a MAP on online sales so the prices i quote are going to be the same across the board.

The reason i say paint is cheap in Cali is Mike Hinman wll sell you draxxus silver for $30 at an event.

I've always been taught if it looks too good to be true then it probaly is so i wouldnt get your hopes up to much.
MAP is illegal through most of Europe so there is the first stumbling block on your prices.

Sell paint at an event cheap is often a special at the event, it is a catchment of people who have to buy paint.

I get what you are trying to do but you are fogetting a few things.

1) To ship a container of paint from say Florida to Cali is a hell of a lot cheaper than shipping the same container from Florida to UK

2) You have import duties to add into the scenario as well

3) The dollar exchange rate has to be taken into account as well. I know you worked your own one out but it really throws your figures off if you don't have all the info.

I will tell you this though.............. 50 cal will be roughly 20-30% cheaper to the stores and fields. What the retail is I have no idea as enforcing MAP in UK was illegal...............

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
If it is lets say an average of £6 off a box of £30 paint (would that be a good comparison Dusty?), then at least to start with thats a saving of 20% on paint. Based upon a guestimate of my paint usage over the last 12 months that could be a saving of about £250 for the year for me, providing on the basis I dont fall into the trap of if it costs less I may use more? :rolleyes:).

I'll buy that for a dollar. :D
I'd say that's going to be close, and to be honest it is educated guesswork on my part, I have seen some stuff to do with .50cal but nothing much.

Again, I'd say if you normally shoot a box at training nothing will change, except the fact you will be able to train 8-10 more times per year if you are happy to spend the same money. 2000 shots is still 2000 shots, i can't see any reason why you would shoot more or less, ROF will remain the same, as will game time and FPS rules.

Take it as what your team would shoot over a year at training and put the savings in a team kitty, it'll cover a lot of your paint bills at tournaments.