Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is the iconx any good?

thejackle

West Coast Spartons
Apr 7, 2009
lancashire darwen
Hi all
im looking at gettin four of these of a mate with 4 air tanks and other bits to match, me and a few friends are starting a team but wanted to see if any one had any time with these markers and what they thought?

thanks

In all seriousness.

Dont get an Icon, a Spyder or any of the really basic 'blowback' guns that you will want to replace straight away.

Look at Ions, SLGs, old angels second hand in the classifieds secition.
Those are proper tournament guns that can be got for under a hundred quid now.

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
In all seriousness.

Dont get an Icon, a Spyder or any of the really basic 'blowback' guns that you will want to replace straight away.

Look at Ions, SLGs, old angels second hand in the classifieds secition.
Those are proper tournament guns that can be got for under a hundred quid now.

Even an old mech cocker would be better, at least you'd learn a lot about gun maintenance and tuning with one...

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
Exactly as mentioned above, honestly there is no point buying a new marker like this if your just starting out, truthfully you will play maybe a walk on once with it then see what people are shooting and want to change straight away, personally i would say look through the classifieds and pick up a cheap marker in good nick and at least you will get a bit of wear out of it until you up your game, the best recomendation i would say is spend most your money on a good mask :D

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
It's usable if your just wanting a cheapo gun to take on the occasional day, especially if playing with rentals or such - but try and use it on a tourney field and you'll wish you had a better marker. Get al your mates together, and see if someone like LIPS can offer a bulk discount, or buy secondhand.

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
I once used on to stop my newspaper blowing away on a windy day...:p

Go secondhand Ion,slg,etc,etc..