Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Kids Today...

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
missy Q is it wrong for a kid to do somthing they like? even if theyre attitude needs to be worked on.More and more children are starting to play paintball every week and its a thing that cannot be stopped.Maybe you are a a hyparcrit in saying our sport needs to grow,but children are a pain ? kids are the futre of the sport and there is nothing you can say or do to change that.The majority of kids in paintball try to make there own way in paintball,IMHO if you pay your own way it feels better to play,and for the kids that do get there way payed most DO NOT respect paintball.Also most kids that i have seen play paintball have not argued with refs it's the adults who think they are the dogs bXllox!:mad:
Yah, thats what I was saying - that it's wrong for Kids to do something they like.
Its also true that I am trying to stop children from playing paintball.
I also said that its the kids that argue with the refs, not the adults.
Lastly, I definitely said that 'paintball needs to grow, but children are a pain.
Guess I'm totally busted - no wonder you're mad!

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I'm regretting this thread, not because of the original post, but because 'Kids Today' clearly do not know how to debate, or, in my opinion, understand the question. Also, the spelling is making my eyes go funny.

As this is now decending into a 'my dad is bigger than your dad' typa situation I will leave it where it is.

The general consensus with the kids seems to be:

1. 'There's nothing wrong with us, leave us alone, and if there is anything wrong with us, its not our fault anyway, blame our teachers and our parents.'

2. They also believe they will eventually 'revolutionize the industry', although no examples have been offered to back up that claim.

3. They think the original questions are unfair, despite there being more positive options than negative ones.

4. They feel unequivocally that kids are the future of the sport, yet can't point to a justification to that statement, despite my prompting.

5. They also feel the post is unfairly slanted towards kids, despite that fact that this is what the thread-title says.

6. They think that the money they are spending is their contribution to the industry, and it some ways they are right, although people are, on average, spending less money in paintball than they were 5 years ago.

7. Some feel that this whole thread is an attack by Missy the Q on kids, due to some inner hatred of children I must have, despite there being no evidence of an attack within the thread and despite my encouragement for them to make a case for themselves and put it across clearly.

8. Lastly, despite their collective indignation, they all seem to know kids that fit the varying descriptions above, yet its never them, and the question is still completely unfair.

Now, if you want to argue with the above list, argue with each other, because I didn't say any of it, y'all did.

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
I'm regretting this thread, not because of the original post, but because 'Kids Today' clearly do not know how to debate, or, in my opinion, understand the question.
QFT.
I don't think anybody read the OP properly, and read stuff that wasn't there.

NSKlad

Pistolas y Corazones
Dec 9, 2006
Bournemouth
I'm regretting this thread, not because of the original post, but because 'Kids Today' clearly do not know how to debate, or, in my opinion, understand the question. Also, the spelling is making my eyes go funny.

As this is now decending into a 'my dad is bigger than your dad' typa situation I will leave it where it is.

The general consensus with the kids seems to be:

1. 'There's nothing wrong with us, leave us alone, and if there is anything wrong with us, its not our fault anyway, blame our teachers and our parents.'

2. They also believe they will eventually 'revolutionize the industry', although no examples have been offered to back up that claim.

3. They think the original questions are unfair, despite there being more positive options than negative ones.

4. They feel unequivocally that kids are the future of the sport, yet can't point to a justification to that statement, despite my prompting.

5. They also feel the post is unfairly slanted towards kids, despite that fact that this is what the thread-title says.

6. They think that the money they are spending is their contribution to the industry, and it some ways they are right, although people are, on average, spending less money in paintball than they were 5 years ago.

7. Some feel that this whole thread is an attack by Missy the Q on kids, due to some inner hatred of children I must have, despite there being no evidence of an attack within the thread and despite my encouragement for them to make a case for themselves and put it across clearly.

8. Lastly, despite their collective indignation, they all seem to know kids that fit the varying descriptions above, yet its never them, and the question is still completely unfair.

Now, if you want to argue with the above list, argue with each other, because I didn't say any of it, y'all did.
Does everything I posted to you count for nothing then? :)

I think I put up a pretty good debate, my English is immaculate and I understood the question quite well.

EDIT: And no. 1, I'm assuming that's not a dig, as you agreed with me on it?

jack_judge

Tree or not #1 Member
Mar 7, 2008
Cambridgeshire
i think maybe the whole point of this thread was misinterpreted but like mactoshdog said we are in a reccession at the moment its obviously not going to affect everyone but i know a few people who have had to reavaluate there situation due to the reccession.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Does everything I posted to you count for nothing then? :)

I think I put up a pretty good debate, my English is immaculate and I understood the question quite well.

EDIT: And no. 1, I'm assuming that's not a dig, as you agreed with me on it?
Sorry, yes, you did, and no, it wasn't a dig, I just wasn't getting anywhere.

Which I suppose poses the final question...

There was a thread that was aimed at a group of kids that led to this one. I got to thinking, and decided to pose a thread that would encourage some debate.
I kept the thread as open-ended as I could, general, and opinion-based, and asked that people pick what they thought was true, and say why.

Instead of picking the one (or more) they thought was true, most* picked the ones they didn't like, and took offense.

I tried a couple of times to set people on the right path, but it didn't pan out.

Now, if it's the responsibility of the adults in the industry to educate the kids, by giving up on the thread, am I....

a. 'giving up on the kids'
b. proving that even if you want to educate a kid these days, they aren't particularly interested?
or c. doing everyone a favor?

and why?

*Disclaimer: Everything is general here folks. If you don't feel something applies to you, then it probably doesn't.

unistu

Platinum Member
Jul 10, 2008
newcastle
Now, if it's the responsibility of the adults in the industry to educate the kids, by giving up on the thread, am I....

a. 'giving up on the kids'
b. proving that even if you want to educate a kid these days, they aren't particularly interested?
or c. doing everyone a favor?

and why?

*Disclaimer: Everything is general here folks. If you don't feel something applies to you, then it probably doesn't.

well with this hole thread in mind, in that case i would go with your second answer B

kids dont want to be tought they want to get on with what they thinks is best and its no good trying to steer them in the right directions you have to turn them write it down and kick there a$$ to make sure they do go in the right direction.

now i know what i said earlier and i apologise to you missy in thinking it was a dig towards kids and taking your OP the wrong way(yes i may have took your OP in the wrong and still do obviously but i still think it was to generalised over that of paintballjetts sponsoreship thread.)