Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

la soya at toulouse

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by yatesy

i havent met many pros but from the ones i have (be it briefly):- whilst palying they want to win which can make them do crazy stuff (you could put it down to passion) but away from important games and pressures they are pleasent and open people which is nothing more then what they should be
these are just my experiances im not trying to say thats the way the guy is i dont really know him i sincerley doubt hed remember me im just trying to show two sides of the coin :)
What difference does it make what a player, of any standing, is like off the field? If they break the rules they should suffer the consequences. Doesn't make them good or bad people. Seems like too many of you make this bigger than it is.
Break the rules--pay the price. Nothing more, nothing less.

And Rancid--I know what you're about but I'm responding anyway--there is a huge difference between attitude, arrogance and showboating (I have some passing familiarity with the first two) versus egregious violations of the rules and unremitting unsportsmanlike conduct. The former needs to be penalized while the later is merely childish and annoying.

R

raehl

Frankly...

Lasoya isn't the problem.

The problem is the system that lets Lasoya be a problem.

- Chris

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Frankly...

Originally posted by raehl
Lasoya isn't the problem.
- Chris

Fac#kin 'ell, this, this is the second time I am in complete agreement with Chris in the same Millennium..........life never ceases to amaze me and on this occasion, he is damn right !!!!!!!!

cjansen

Dazed and Confused
Jun 3, 2003
USA
Visit site
Exactly.

His conduct was an absolute disgrace to the sport. Totally without class, and an embarrassment to all of us, in front of hundreds of spectators, families, kids, etc. If the Mill. board doesn't take action on this, then they're as bad as he is.
What difference does it make what a player, of any standing, is like off the field?
It makes a difference when they do it in front of kids, families, spectators, and even younger players who are impressionable. If they see him doing it, and he gets away with it, it may lead them to believe that they can do it too.

To dispell the rumors of what he said exactly, regarding how the Miami Effect players should treat RL after their loss in the second game, this is more or less word for word. My team was staging right next to them for finals, and he was about 10 feet away from me, so this isn't heresay:

"Fcuk those motherfcukers. We are bonusballing every one of them. I want every one of those motherfcukers in the hospital." Etc, etc., etc. This went on for a few minutes, and finally some of the guys on my team had enough of it and started telling him to shut up, and they were yelling back and forth at each other until I got our guys shut up.

You can say that this is just talk in the heat of the moment, and that he was just upset, but in case you missed it, that's exactly what happened in the last game. Max Morozov from RL came off the field and the left half of his face and head was completely covered in paint.

You can call it whatever you want, and you can make excuses for this and that, but there is no need for this in our sport. I know that he can be a nice guy, because i've talked to him before, but any respect that I had for him disappeared on Sunday.

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
I was standing on the bank behind the splatch field, and i had an exceptional view of the incident.
Lasoya, tries to run down the russian on the tape. When he gets about 10 feet from the bunker the russian leans out and they both start ripping paint at each other. Lasoya gets hit, we could see the front of him, and he got hit!
The russian probably got hit too, but we couldn't see the front of him.
Lasoya then procedes to the last bunker, but dosn't stop to check himself, and shoots the last russian in the center coke can.
At this point he has played on, because he is hit. The russian on the tape turns around and shouts to the ref to give a 1 4 1 penalty, which would be the correct call in this case. Lasoya turns around and drills the russian in the face from less than 6 feet away with multiple shots. He only stops when the refs pull him off the player.
This is his second offence and an additional 1 4 1 call should have been made.
At this point the judges should have taken arm bands from two Miami players, leaving no miami players on the field. They should have also put the last russian back in (they haddn't pulled his arm band yet), as he was shot by a dead player. This would have left the russians up on bodies, and able to hang the flag.

I spoke to Ultimate Moose at the players party, and what i just described here isn't what the judges told Moose. He made his decision based on what the judges told him, and he wasn't given the truth, so the decision to give the game to miami was wrong, but not his fault.

What i'm saying is, that this whole incident is the fault of two or three judges who missed what happened. It's not the millenium series' fault, it was a mistake made by the judges. The system works only if the judges report CORRECT information about what happened.

However the face shooting incident is something that should be tackled by the millenium series. For this offence LaSoya should be given a 1 year ban from playing in the Millenium Series. I doubt that anything will happen, LaSoya is too well connected with Draxxus and NPS to be touched. It's sad, because it sends a message out to all players, that some players are above the law.

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
also did he not state in his award winning speech that us euro pro's can 'just eat dick!' cos its a 'USA 1, 2 and 3!'

Mr Lasagne could really do with a poonin from his sponsors!! not a great advert for them i feel!

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Well, i was standing in front of Joy, Hardcore and behind Dynasty, Ironmen, Strange and Gateway when Effect played their last game vs Legion. I was laughing my ass off when the Ironmen et al started chanting 'U..S..A..but not LaSoya!' over and over again!:p And then when the chant from the Scandinavian boys 'Chris LaSoya is homosexual!' went out the crowd was in hysterics! LaSoya's girlfriend wasn't to happy though! Anyone else think that she looked about 12 years old from behind?!?!?!?:p

LaSoya isnt to popular with the rest of the USA boys then, i heard a few mutters from the yanks hoping that the Legion were going to win!

sam

woodsta

Train hard--fight easy
Oct 12, 2001
Surrey
I thought the Swedish boys got it right!!!!!!

"Chris La-soya is a Homo-sexual.. Homo-sexual... homo-sexual"

When there's a crowd singing that at the top of their voices, no wonder he grabs his nuts and gives the birdy!!!:D :D
It's paintball, this equals adrenaline and agvgression, not ballet, these guys live for muggings and are adrenaline junkies. There're never going to behave like angels!! people shoiuld start understanding that.
La-soya is a wicked player, his team are ripping it up, people should lay off him a bit i think!!!

Would of liked to see the ruskies rip it up more after there wicked x-ball performance!!!!

Flaymin

-Cyclone-
Feb 10, 2003
HELLsinki
www.team-cyclone.net
Originally posted by woodsta
I thought the Swedish boys got it right!!!!!!

"Chris La-soya is a Homo-sexual.. Homo-sexual... homo-sexual"

When there's a crowd singing that at the top of their voices, no wonder he grabs his nuts and gives the birdy!!!:D :D
It's paintball, this equals adrenaline and agvgression, not ballet, these guys live for muggings and are adrenaline junkies. There're never going to behave like angels!! people shoiuld start understanding that.
La-soya is a wicked player, his team are ripping it up, people should lay off him a bit i think!!!

Would of liked to see the ruskies rip it up more after there wicked x-ball performance!!!!
So you think Lasoyas behaviour is ok???

(and the correct chant is Mats Sundin is homosexual:D As all the swedes know ):D