Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mech. spyder/spyder clone owners look here for simple trigger mod

joe bob

copyright '03
I was just messin around with my spyder and I found out if you put a thin washer between your gripframe and recever on each screw it will shorten your trigger pull

but you will have a lot more slack behind the trigger

i actally used paperclip segments as spacers but the right sized washer will work just as well

if the washers/whatever is installed and your bolt doesnt cock back tighten the screws that hold your gripframe on to bend the washer/whatever to conform to the marker better. the thickness of the segments i used were about 1 mm thick but mabe could go a lil thicker:)
this makes it so less of the sear is touching the bolt so less travel is needed

I call it the "JOE BOB TRIG MOD"

if you try it pleas post your results
:cool: i am a genius!:cool:

IL=Tim the Yank

Wasted Away Again...
Oct 15, 2003
London
www.ironlions.co.uk
I just took a dremel tool and ground off half of the step at the forward bottom of the striker. To handle the slack behind the trigger, take the trigger out and put a small metal rod inside the front trigger spring. This stops the overtravel and takes some experimentation with different lengths to get right.

Vortex-9-

Tom, Impact UK
Nov 17, 2003
Mid Sussex, UK
Visit site
Just be careful when your doing this, as I seriously damaged my finger once when the bolt wasnt cocking back, and it did that full auto non recocking thing that you get when low on gas etc, and sheared off a nice slab of my skin !! So maybe wear gloves when messing around, or just get you fingers outta the way ;)

Or, dont turn the gas on till youre sure it works, probably might help too!

joe bob

copyright '03
gas + tinkering = an emty tank or sore hands

so I dont want to mess up my hands anymore than they alrady are

now im sure it works and im gonna get the safety tapped and pinned:)

the 5mm trigger pull does include the slack befor you can feal the sear too so I coul probly get 3

On a mechanical gun it is a bad idea to tinker with the trigger without gas in the gun to test it. Just because the sear is releasing the bolt, doesnt mean its working.

Also I would be dubious about reports of fantastic results because if it was that good, why dont stock spyders come like that?

Saying that I sold my spyder over 6 years ago so I wouldnt know much about them anymore.