Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Microsoft Vista Premium !

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
your average Joe couldnt make a PC, you have to have a fair bit of knowledge.
Not to knock your brother - I'm sure he knows his stuff, and for all I know could be a genius. But TBH, it's not rocket science to build a half descent working computer - they pretty much sort it out so that only the right plug will go in the right socket and all you have to make sure is that you have all the right parts, then plug them all together. The BIOS settings are only as complicated as you make them.

I built a PC a few years ago with zero prior knowledge of what actually goes on inside the big metal box. But after buying about 7-10 PC magazines over a 2 week period and reading about the hardware in my spare time online I was ready to build one. In week 3 I ordered the parts, and had it running by the afternoon of everything arriving.

I'm pleased to say it's still going strong 3 years or so later :) Depreciated in value a ton though, kinda like paintball guns in that respect :(

Not to knock your brother - I'm sure he knows his stuff, and for all I know could be a genius. But TBH, it's not rocket science to build a half descent working computer - they pretty much sort it out so that only the right plug will go in the right socket and all you have to make sure is that you have all the right parts, then plug them all together. The BIOS settings are only as complicated as you make them.

I built a PC a few years ago with zero prior knowledge of what actually goes on inside the big metal box. But after buying about 7-10 PC magazines over a 2 week period and reading about the hardware in my spare time online I was ready to build one. In week 3 I ordered the parts, and had it running by the afternoon of everything arriving.

I'm pleased to say it's still going strong 3 years or so later :) Depreciated in value a ton though, kinda like paintball guns in that respect :(
I bet it cost you about half as much as it would have done in the shops!;)

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.

AJ, your a smart guy.

your average Joe surfs the net, plays music, and plays games on there PC. yes after a bit of research, you can have the thoery to make one, but how many people try to run before they can walk.

look at all the poeple on here that get confused by Ions, their's plenty of sites with help ful info, and yet we still see the same old threads.

-james

Michael Merola

bust 3 hoppers in 1 day!
Aug 17, 2004
Milton Keynes / Birmingham
So i have to request a Windows disk from Dell? That sucks, i would have thought they would have included one with the machine! :mad:
They probally have, called 'Restore CD' or something similar.

Back to the orginal post - Havn't read through all the posts but ...Vista is demanding, sounds like you don't know your stuff, but if its a new laptop from a shop it no doubt has xx programs running in the background. Close those on bootup and your be fine.

Mike