Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Microsoft Vista Premium !

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
The laptop was purchased from PC World and I asked for one with XP but they said they was not allowed to sell them anymore and they even had to destroy computers pre-installed with XP when they changed over to Vista.
I wanted another Toshiba but they had no stock and since I needed one (because I had spilt a pint of vodka and coke on the old one) I picked up a Advent 7113 as recommended by the business adviser saying it would be suitable for my needs.
I have a silly amount of computers and understand them as much as I should, I have even built several machines myself to a high spec but having the ability to put them together and understanding HOW it works are two completely different aspects.
I have today ordered the laptop I originally wanted and will give the Advent to my lad and let him think christmas has come early.

Russ

killer_carvil

Northern Quarter Killers
Sep 27, 2004
Manchester
www.northernquarterpb.com
Vista

K One of the reason that new companys are selling vista is that microsoft are phasing out Xp. the company that i work for are finding it harder and harder to get copys of Xp. On the driver compatibility side the manufactures of hardware have known about vista for a while. Some have not been able to do drivers fast enough. vista also has a lot more security features. so some programs do not work properly. on the memory side of things i would say a 1gb minimum. but if you have a usb memory pen, vista can use it as RAM. don't get me wrong though i can't microshaft an all there bull. but i have to work with windooz!!

i have a mac a core 2 duo an 1gb of ram ,an vista seems to run fine on a dual boot with OSX

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
K One of the reason that new companys are selling vista is that microsoft are phasing out Xp. the company that i work for are finding it harder and harder to get copys of Xp. On the driver compatibility side the manufactures of hardware have known about vista for a while. Some have not been able to do drivers fast enough. vista also has a lot more security features. so some programs do not work properly. on the memory side of things i would say a 1gb minimum. but if you have a usb memory pen, vista can use it as RAM. don't get me wrong though i can't microshaft an all there bull. but i have to work with windooz!!

i have a mac a core 2 duo an 1gb of ram ,an vista seems to run fine on a dual boot with OSX
stfu geek

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS

I read somewhere that even in a 1 gig RAM laptop, when you pop in a 1gig USB stick performance only increases by about 3%, so I'm not sure how well that actually works.

I plugged in my 30 gig iPod and tried to get it on Vista Boost or whatever to get 30 gigs of ram on the go, get in. But it wouldn't work. Crappy microsoft.

AJermstad

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
I plugged in my 30 gig iPod and tried to get it on Vista Boost or whatever to get 30 gigs of ram on the go, get in. But it wouldn't work. Crappy microsoft.

AJermstad
Ready boost is only applicable to flash memory, your iPod has a 1.8" hard drive in it, just like you PC only smaller.

XP + Google desktop = Vista without alt+tab 3D windows.