Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Microsoft Vista Premium !

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Hi All

I have a new laptop that I have had for a while with the Vista operating system installed.
It has 1024 MB DDR11 Ram installed, Intel Celeron M430 1.73 Ghz processor.

My old one was a slightly slower chip(1.6) but the same amount of Ram with XP and it was much faster.
Is Vista slow as sh1te or what! there is only the same programmes -Minus a few that I have not bothered to reinstall.

Anyone spread some light, another point could I install XP as a multi-boot OP system?

Russ

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I have only this week got a new compaq, running Vista as well, though I am using a 1.6 pentium core duo chip. seems as fas as anything else i guess, that said i have no programs installed yet.

Also have a gig of ram.

there are a couple of people selling laptop ram, you could get that fitted and it should help.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
also fairly hungry graphics wise. probably not the best operating system for a laptop to be honest, but hey Microsoft rules the world apparently.......

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
i think its recommended to have at least 2 gb...its both sick and wrong...personally im avoiding vista like the plague...id never switch OS until it had been out at least a year...give them a chance to sort some of the major issues like software compatability and such like

Skeet

Platinum Member
Vista's biggest problem, is all the companies like Dell etc, bunging it on ****e systems that really cant cope with the power it requires and also, people getting it and running it on ****e sytems.

If you can get a Dual Core processor and some more RAM that should help, as people have said.

modd1uk

Banned
Mar 21, 2006
Vista is memory hungry, dump another 1024mb ddr2 stick in, double check the speed you have installed ( and buy another to match ), only takes a few seconds to install memory in laptops.