Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

new marker

AIRLINEDAVIS

NEWCASTLE LOCKDOWN
Feb 2, 2008
northumberland
was thinking of buying a new marker but im not to sure on what to buy i fancy a invert mini or a pm6 but everyone keeps telling me to go for the ego5 or the ego6 but i dont what to just jump on the band wargon and buy one because everyone else has one so i need a ittle advice on what to get and are the ego's a good as everyone say's they are

cheers
airlinedavis:D

was thinking of buying a new marker but im not to sure on what to buy i fancy a invert mini or a pm6 but everyone keeps telling me to go for the ego5 or the ego6 but i dont what to just jump on the band wargon and buy one because everyone else has one so i need a ittle advice on what to get and are the ego's a good as everyone say's they are

cheers
airlinedavis:D
The ego is definately a good gun, thats why people are telling you to get it.
Its small, relaible and backed up by planet who are heroes of customer service.

My personal choice out of those 3 would be the PM6. But thats just my own opinion.

Morrolan

Platinum Member
May 4, 2007
Lancashire
I just bought an Etek 2 - my first Planet marker. I must say, it's just incredible.

Before that I had (still have) an ICD Promaster - good gat for the price (pick them up for £90 new now).

It's just me but I prefer the open bolt design, so the best advice is - go down to a walk-on nearby, and just ask guys about their markers, see if you can have a few shots. THEN make up your mind.

Skeet

Platinum Member
The Ego (any) PM6 and Mini are all capable markers for reasonable money.

But, as John C said, people will tell you to buy an Ego, because they are awesome, very reliable, easy to maintain and as he also said, Planet offer outstanding customer service.

The PM6, being a spool valve marker is less efficient than an Ego with more to go wrong, but is slightly softer on paint, not sure about the Mini having not owned one.

But, most of the time, the Ego will be more reliable and less dependent on maintenance, than the other two.

However, some people just do not get on with a certain type of marker, so you should try them all and see what you think, as was said.

I shoot an Ego and the only other marker I would consider would be a Dye Matrix (Big brother to the Proto Matrix).

Microstar

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2008
Darlington
I'm shooting a ion for my first marker, however you seem to have abit more cash, from what i've seen and felt i would go for an ego.

Obviously its personal preference though.

I agree that you should go to a shop/walkon and handle other peoples guns... ;) ;)

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
As has been said ..if you are not technically minded the Ego is the best marker out your choices ,personally I love the Matrix series and shoot a DM7 through choice ,Best gun I ever owned was a Proto Matrix 6 and i should never of sold it ,I reckon a DM or PM shoots more accurately aswell but thats just what I think....Of course,Im right. :)

Skeet

Platinum Member
As has been said ..if you are not technically minded the Ego is the best marker out your choices ,personally I love the Matrix series and shoot a DM7 through choice ,Best gun I ever owned was a Proto Matrix 6 and i should never of sold it ,I reckon a DM or PM shoots more accurately aswell but thats just what I think....Of course,Im right. :)
The man is right about accuracy, at least compared to the older Ego's.
Because of the way the DM works, it has very little kick, combined with excellent consistency, you only have to match your paint to your barrel, for a very accurate, stable platform.

The Ego 7 and now 8, with a Zick kit, I think, levels the field between them and the DM markers.

I had a DM4, that would shoot any paint..a real bonus at tournaments where everyone was having trouble with brittle paint in the cold!!

Basik

Platinum Member
Jan 11, 2007
UK
I've owned a Mini and they are quite uncomfortable if you are quite big seen as they are so small.

I had to get rid of it because it just felt wierd :D