Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New to paint-balling

popitgoes

Apr 20, 2013
Stoke-on-Trent
I've owned or used most of the better masks out there including masks such as i4, grillz, profit, proflex and the i4 is a great mask, but is indeed very small. Personally for me it fitted fine but it is very common for peoples entire jaws to stick out the bottom of the mask, especially when talking. Its also quite narrow so despite being a very popular mask, a lot of people don't actually fit it very well.
Personally for me my favourite mask nowadays is the vforce grillz. I've been using mine for quite a while and they have the best features you expect like quick change and thermal lenses, soft/flexible, decent venting. they are quite durable and offer protection in all the right places, which fully protects your jaw and ears, and especially that really sensitive part just under your ear unlike a lot of masks out there. Plus i think when you factor in the lower cost plus visor and chin strap options (if that's what you like) and not to mention they are the most badass looking mask by far, i think it makes them a winner!
Thank you for that I do like the grillz they do look awesome :)

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Ok thanks I may pop down to the Cannock shop one day in near future and see what they have to offer and try a few things on :)
If you're in those parts I strongly reccomend popping into the Warped shop, those guys are great and they will look after you

Also Is there any need for the 1.5 canisters or would it be ok to just have a 1.1?
Kinda depends on the length of your arms (if mounting onto the gun). For most people a 1.1 is plenty big enough. 1.5 bottles are good for scenario events where you might be shooting a load of paint and if you are putting the tank on your back and using a remote line.

Also with a hopper would it be better to go for a z2 or dye rotor? Iv heared the dye rotor puts pressure on the balls when the loader goes around where as the z2 only goes around when shot is this true?
They each have their own operation method and once again there's a lot of conjecture over which is better. Both are great and easily up to the job of feeding paint as fast as you'd ever need to shoot. Personally, I'd go with a Rotor. They are beautifully simple to strip down, batteries last forever and are really tough.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Also with a hopper would it be better to go for a z2 or dye rotor? Iv heared the dye rotor puts pressure on the balls when the loader goes around where as the z2 only goes around when shot is this true?

Thanks
Although the rotor is a force feed loader, when the rotor arm encounters resistance on the ball stack the motor switches off until the pressure is relieved and then it starts spinning again, it isn't a true force feed loader so don't worry about that.
Again, having owned both i do prefer the z2 mainly because of the auto unjam feature. They are both cracking hoppers, but the rotor does need to be slightly adjusted from stock (or mine did anyway) to deal with brittle paint/cold conditions.

If i didn't have both already and i had to choose one, i'd probably choose the z2 because it's lighter, cheaper, just as fast/consistent and has the automatic unjam. Yes the rotor is a bit easier to take apart but the way i see it rotors are like £150+ and then if you want a speedfeed (and want to be able to change quickly) you need to buy a whole new top shell as well. The z2 does the job just as well for a lot less dollar ;)

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
thanks for the help guys i have decided to go for the 1.1 canister and the z2 :)
glad it helped :) I know i didn't mention it but the battery life of a z2 isn't as good as a rotor like H mentioned, so stock up on some batteries! It's not bad battery life, just not as exceptional as the rotor.

popitgoes

Apr 20, 2013
Stoke-on-Trent
glad it helped :) I know i didn't mention it but the battery life of a z2 isn't as good as a rotor like H mentioned, so stock up on some batteries! It's not bad battery life, just not as exceptional as the rotor.
ahhhh i thought the z2 would have the better battery life to be honest i still think i will go with the z2 though as what i save on the z2 over the dye rotor (money wise) will buy the batterys i guess lol

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
ahhhh i thought the z2 would have the better battery life to be honest i still think i will go with the z2 though as what i save on the z2 over the dye rotor (money wise) will buy the batterys i guess lol
like i said it's not terrible, and if it puts it in perspective, so far this year I've done something like 4 full days play (so rough estimate of 6 or 7 cases) and that was me only just had to change the batteries yesterday. so yeah it's not bad, but the rotors you can get away with even more.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
I'd strongly recommend a Rotor over a Z2. Have had both and the Rotor is a much nicer loader to live with, so much so that I sold my Z2, despite it being much newer than my Rotor. A Rotor is probably only a tenner more expensive second hand as well.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
I'd strongly recommend a Rotor over a Z2. Have had both and the Rotor is a much nicer loader to live with, so much so that I sold my Z2, despite it being much newer than my Rotor. A Rotor is probably only a tenner more expensive second hand as well.
any reason in particular?