Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New to paint-balling

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Mainly the ease of stripping. The Z2 is still a bit of a faff if you get paint down the raceway or under the tray and aligning the shells is annoying, although easier than the original Prophecy.

At the end of a days play I can just strip the rotor in about 10 seconds and throw everything bar the motor in a basin of water to clean it.

Aside from it disliking reballs, over the years i've had it I've not found a single thing on the Rotor that I'd want to improve, it's just a genius piece of design, beautifully built, 100% reliable and batteries seem to last for ever.

I bought a Z2 brand new, but never rated it. Felt flimsy and overly fussy compared to the Rotor.

Reactions: H

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Mainly the ease of stripping. The Z2 is still a bit of a faff if you get paint down the raceway or under the tray and aligning the shells is annoying, although easier than the original Prophecy.

At the end of a days play I can just strip the rotor in about 10 seconds and throw everything bar the motor in a basin of water to clean it.

Aside from it disliking reballs, over the years i've had it I've not found a single thing on the Rotor that I'd want to improve, it's just a genius piece of design, beautifully built, 100% reliable and batteries seem to last for ever.

I bought a Z2 brand new, but never rated it. Felt flimsy and overly fussy compared to the Rotor.
i'll give you that, hands down the rotor will always out-do the z2 for being easy to disassemble.
I know what you mean about the filmsy feeling but I think it's actually quite a nifty design that the feedneck is actually strengthened by the entire 'spine' that the shell fits around. just feels a little weird that you can almost bend it as it sits on the gun.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Double post (delayed! Silly phone) :)

One area where I think the Z2 does nail it, is looks. Great looking loader.

Last edited:

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
There so many Vids on U-Tube on these guns why don`t you just look for yourself, can`t understand why your asking these questions, But I agree with most above, as one time one of my players at CPPS had a Proto Rail ( Do not get confused with a Proto Matrix such as a PM8 ) and had a problem with it, I couldn`t find the problem and so I walked up the line from table to table, Team to Team, asking " Can anyone help me with this Rail " the answer from MOST was > " Yeah mate Stick it in the Bin ". This day told me a lot about the Proto Rail, we did indeed Dump it .

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Maybe I'm asking these questions to get other people's opinion
Don't blame you mate, this place is full of know-it-alls willing to offer their opinion on stuff. Feel free to ask away and people will be willing to chuck in their point of view. Sure answers might be elsewhere out there on the interwebs but conversation is often more helpful.

On the topic of loaders I'm with Gadget. I have a Prophecy (non Z2) and can't say I've ever been massively happy with it. A number of things have been improved for the Z2 but some stuff is still the same. Their general feel is a lot more flimsy and due to the sheer number of components there is a lot more to go wrong than the Rotor. The drive belt o-ring wears out and needs to be replaced, the battery harness isn't very durable and if it breaks you need to replace the whole motor harness. The Z2 has a far superior anti-jam system than the Rotor (and the originally Prophecy) which accounts for it being far better for reballs.

Since I picked up my rotor I've been extremely happy with it.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
I did a review of the Z2 + comparison with the Rotor last year - apologies for subjecting you to my Essex lilt :)

Reactions: H

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
starting to feel like an empire fanboy with the amount i'm defending this thing...

the z2 is not flimsy/weak/brittle or anything like that at all. the feeneck (which as gadget points out is incredibly strong in itself) is built in to the spine which supports the entire loader, and it is not built in to the shell itself like the rotor is. This does mean that you can flex the shell around the spine if the feedneck is secured on your gun, but the shells and the feedneck are very strong in their own right. Even with the old prophecy shells which people called brittle, you seen Simon from then Kee smacking it with hammers and it wouldn't break, so with the tougher plastic there is no chance of you snapping shells.

Last edited:

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
I never said it was flimsy, well beside the ****ty battery harness.

It's just that it feels flimsy, where the rotor is nice, chunky and durable. The Prophecy/Z2 feels like a collection of many parts that all need to be slotted together very carefully. Sure as a whole it's a bloody tough piece of kit but there's just something about the mechanism that makes me think it's somewhat over-engineered.

Last edited: