Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Nike may enter paintball (Rumor)

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
...NatWest, as in the NSPL (NatWest Southern Paintball League)?
Oops - apologies to Syd & Co. My other 2 examples still stand though.

Anyway, the only way I see Nike (or Reebok, Umbro etc.) 'getting in to paintball' is via. the clothing route - and nothing else. I hope it does happen - then hopefully Primark & Matalan will follow suit ;).

SJS

Karma Monkey Spunk?
Dec 7, 2008
North East, Sunderland
Oops - apologies to Syd & Co. My other 2 examples still stand though.

Anyway, the only way I see Nike (or Reebok, Umbro etc.) 'getting in to paintball' is via. the clothing route - and nothing else. I hope it does happen - then hopefully Primark & Matalan will follow suit ;).
:rolleyes:
*FacePalm*

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Be careful with rumour and speculation, as this is what newspapers like the Daily Star fill their pages with.

That said, and on a slightly different note, Rockstar are into paintball in a big way Stateside.

Take a look at their website.

BoP know this, and it will be interesting to see how Rockstar may be supporting the CPPS in 2010.

:)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Richard Branson's gettting involved in paintball and is willing to pump millions into our sport to launch it into mainstream acceptance and get it adopted by the Olympics for 2012.
Amazing but true !

[/completebollocks]

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Around 50% of Nike's TOTAL cost is advertising. Now if you think about that for a second, in terms of how big the organisation is and how many products/units of those products they ship, it tells you something about how low cost their production is. You are talking around 4p to make your trainers, maybe less. They add value via a massive marketing machine and a mass market approach to selling, not by investing in niche markets.

Paintball is the flea on an elephant's ass when it comes to the sports goods and fashion wear market. Nike want to spread cost over huuuge numbers of units (hundreds of millions) and that just aint gonna happen. The only reason they would put money into paintball gear would be to achieve further brand penetration amongst particular social groups - and further enhance the sale of their mainstream items and brand position. It would be another advertising cost - pushing out their own version of everything is very easy with licensing, especially when making a profit is not the main objective of the activity. They give $140 million a year to Tiger Woods (alone) and that, for the time being, will generate more sales than a tick on paintball gear.

uk killer

Aug 8, 2006
Bringham
I`m surprised RedBull havent got in on the act yet?

they seem to have their logo in just about every extreme / niche sport going at the moment. and TWO F1 teams, thats just greedy! :p

Yep was watching the X-Fighters and thinking the same, about why haven't red bull got into paintball.