Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball Jerseys?

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
Do you wear a paintball jersey? I don't because 1) don't have the money (I'm cheap) 2) play at mostly woodland scenario's (so I wear hand-me-down camo fatigues).
Is the reason for wearing a jersey because they look sweet and because usually everyone else is wearing them? Am I missing something?

Also, do you play for a team, and if you do, how competitive are they? Amateur, Novice, neither (just a team)...

Another pitiful excuse for a thread by a bored Emerson...

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I wear jerseys because I think they look good, and because I'm trying to present paintball to the general public as a sport. I'm not saying camo is bad, heck I used for years, but it can send out the wrong image to the 'people in the street'.
Also, with the jerseys, and many other fashion accessories, it's all part of the intimidation game. A team can be really crap, but if they look the bee's knees, they will have a (slight) psychological advantage.
This works in most sports by the way. When I played American football, the first thing I did after taking a hit, was pull my socks up straight.......

Also. if you feel you look good, you'll be more comfortable, and therefore you tend to play better. It's all a bit esotheric, but it's true: You gotta look good, to play good!!!!

Joao Duro

Jul 11, 2001
Portugal
Visit site
Camos & tourneys

In some tourneys, camo is not wellcome by the organization/guys managing it, or it is not allowed at all by the rules.

Anyway, there are reel cool lookin jerseys. Plus they tend to be more confy for wear.

Mador

lurkin' in a dark place
Aug 7, 2001
Selby ...near York.
Visit site
A Team top (Jersey) is the way to go for us now....getting away from the "weekend warrior" is very important now....this is a sport and peeps will soon recognise this...I hope.

Plus it make you feel good wearing your "colours"...hehe..I love wearing mine theres a big psychological change..:D ...normal person to mean gonna shoot ppl paintballer;)

just my 2 cents

Mador

And on a performance level, some of the newer tops are more breathable - so you keep cooler - and wick moisture away from your body. This is good cos if you're playing stop-start crawl ball in the woods you get hot, then you lay down for a while and the sweat cools, and ya get cold. Not good for you. Wicking materials remove the sweat quicker and so prevent this happening.

And y'all thought I was just a mighty purty face...

Peace

tb-303

Shootin’ fools shootin’ fools
Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
out of interest why are camos not allowed at some tourneys? i've never seen or played a tourney so i don't know any of the rules except obvious ones(common sense i guess) so i was suprised to see this.
is it to get away from the "war" and "military" image?coz it ain't about soldiers but it is a sport and should be portraid as one.we call markers,markers and not weapons and don't call pellets ammo or bullets(I know they're not bullet but to a fresh newbie...you know what i mean) so is this a follow on from there
i have a JT camo top,where would i stand with this? BTW not looking to play tourney for a while so its just a hypothetical question at the moment.
tb-303
anyway jerseys look cool! and the psychout part is true.to you as well.sounds silly but get your own mask and jersey and you feel the part and good too.then poss try to play better to keep the image up i guess. or i could just be talking out my ass.