Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball Jerseys?

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
You can't RUN when your beltline is at your KNEES! See, BDU's are cut full so you can RUN IN THEM!!! Sprinting GOOD, tripping over your pants and looking like a freakin' goon BAD....

Next, about shorts. I was informed at Skyball that I couldn't wear my shorts and play paintball at that event. I was pissed, becasue I wasn't AWARE of this rule before, and it sucked! I sceambled for 5 hours to find something like pants to wear. I ended up doing wha tI was going to do in the first place, shorts over leggings.

HEy, the Tippman women said I had sexy calves(WOO HOO!)

And, till you play in Wisconsin, you'll neve rknow what heat is, nor why we all wear pants in the WINTER!

Sheesh, this "new School" of your beltline being way low... Instead of the atomic wedgie I now get the portable parachute pants. I thought that went out with MC Hammer!

-Tyg

Micah

tourney's huh? see I thought we were talkin rec ball ... here. How hot does it get in WI any way?
I bet those MC Hammer pants would be pretty bouncy ... I see a style ready to make a come back
"2 lagit. 2 lagit to quit yeah yeah ... "

-Micah

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
This brings me to ask another question: Why does it seem paintballers, as a whole, are so large? This could be because I only play at one field, but everyone that works there and plays there (I don't know if you guys have heard of 'Thunderstruck'? I think they play Amateur A. It's their home field.) is at least 6'3". I myself am about 6'0" and 150 (keep in mind I'm 15). Isn't being big a slight disadvantage? Harder to fit behind bunkers, bigger targets, etc. From what I've seen, paintballers are as big as basketball players...

Wouldn't you kinda think that paintballers would be small rather then large just like basketball players are large rather then small?

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
Simple, you see, there's a whole sport of people who wish they could play football, but can't. So they play paintball.

I've been told by SEVERAL playes that if they could, they'd be in football instead. It's that whole aggression thing.

-Tyger

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Hmmmm, point well taken Tyg!

I played defensive tackle for over 9 years. I enjoyed it a lot, because I got to crush people, without legal repercussions. I hurt people, and got hurt in turn. Fair trade.
Somehow paintball gives me the same adrenaline rush, and there's the same gradation in hits too. In football, you tackle, or you HIT! I always tried to hit. Give him a yard extra if it means more pain, because in the long run, they'll be intimidated and not make the yards anyway. In paintball, do you try to put some paint on their buttpack that's sticking out when they're looking the other way, or do you bunker his ass shaolin style? See what I mean?
However, there has been a time (before an injury put an end to my football days) that I played both sports. If I had to choose between the two, I think I'd given up on football, because I know that there's no way in hell that I'd be able to play it for as long as you can play paintball. But that's me. I do have to admit that since I no longer vent my frustrations on the gridiron, I seem to be a little more hotheaded. This probably has to do with the fact that normally one doesn't get to practice/play paintball nearly as often as football, where we had several training sessions during the week, and games almost weekly. Good point you brought up, Tyger my man!

Don't think my post had anything to do with jerseys though.....:D

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
Originally posted by Micah
tourney's huh? see I thought we were talkin rec ball ... here. How hot does it get in WI any way?
I bet those MC Hammer pants would be pretty bouncy ... I see a style ready to make a come back
"2 lagit. 2 lagit to quit yeah yeah ... "

-Micah
Well, I play in both worlds. And there's a field here that playes NPPL specific rules. So, it's a lot of blur there.

IN rec, there's a few fields that REQIRE long pants too. In one case, it's unerstandable becasue woods in shorts can be painful. HOWEVER, In the heat, it's a good thing.

And how hot is it in Wisconsin? Come up here around, oh, August. 90+ degrees, beating sun, no wind, and high humidity. Feels like you're gonna die weather. And why do we play in it? Becasue we can. We play in snow, we'll play in heat too. :)

-Tyg

cockerguy

Dec 15, 2001
CANADA!!!
Visit site
PB Jerseys

There are a lot of reasons we wear jerseys, they are:

1. To tell each other apart in a tourny
2. To promote paintball as a non violent competetive sport
3. to look cool
4. to support our sponsors
5. so we don't ruin any clothes with mud paint etc from crawling
6. to bounce (deflect paint the baggy stretchy material bounces paint)
7. because they're mor comfortable because of breathablility and the material
:D

and yes i do play with a tourny team, we can get pretty competitive we'll argue over anything

Micah

Originally posted by Tyger
Simple, you see, there's a whole sport of people who wish they could play football, but can't. So they play paintball.

I've been told by SEVERAL playes that if they could, they'd be in football instead. It's that whole aggression thing.

-Tyger
I'm not into the whole football thing. I play water polo in high school (even though it's over, I'm still in high school so I'm reluctant to use the past tense) My answer to fitting into those tiny front bunkers is Taoist meditation and yoga, lots of it! Wait ... I think thats TJ ... maybe it was from when I dated that contortionist ... yeah she got me hooked on it and playing paintball in thoses tiny little front bunkers is my only way to get that feeling back ... if ya know what I mean.

-Micah