Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball on TV

permboy

Aug 14, 2001
Birmingham
yes i know i'm sorry it's those damned Jehovah's witnessess again :) brainwashing me :)

(No disrespect intended i just don't like you trying to convert me when i'm happy wallowing in my sin :D )

Well I did my bit the accademy launch day was covered by meridian and went out on the news:D :cool:

Real life paintball ;)

They had instructions to only shoot staged stuff but I fed them lots of cups of tea and bacon butties.

They were nice chaps and after that they said sod that and got in there and off they went 3 hours later we missed it cause we were in the pub so I will be getting a copy soon.

TB paintball hero pro player :rolleyes: Live before your eyes.

It all has to help educate the public:cool:

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
As far as educating the public we could do no better than getting the big events that are in proper arenas advertised better to bring the general pulic into the events I don't know what the problem was at Campaign last year but thats a huge tourney in the nations capitol and all I saw was one B***dy poster. All the crowd was made up of Ballers. I'll bet that the Euro Indoor is as well no use getting it on the TV if they can't watch it live (and they will watch it with out any need to change the format)
oops better put my soap box away:D
L8rz

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
Oh and mucho cudos goes to Sparklie damn good Idea this Academy of yours it's what we have needed for some time get the pro's to pass their hard earned lessons onto others rather than lose em. Whens the next one?

NIALL

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Simple suggestion John... Stop whinging and do something about it.

For my bit I gave paintball the biggest exposure it has ever had on the media.. We were on the National News on BBC 1 just before England v Germany. Everyone watched that match!!!

We put about 100 of the Bravo posters as seen in the underground and Crystal Palace in and around the Area.....They were removed within the day.

The budget does not run to Advertising hoardings sorry.

As soon as Ken LIvingstone, wants to help us as much as Toulouse has been helped by the Mayor of Toulouse expect to see the same in England, Campaign has no outside support.

We ran a pretty damn successful event last year. No matter how optimistic we are wew will not fill a 19,000 seater stadium at thi time in our sport. 5,000 people came throught the turnstiles - not exactly **** is it.

It seems to me that more and more people are being negative just for the sake of it. Well I can tell you how close myself and the other members of the board are to in NOT actually running any more events on the grounds of viability...Your sort of comments only add fuel to our descision making.

Niall

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Hi Niall,

I don't think people are down on you mate - I think it's just well meant enthusiasm. Unfortunately, if you're outside of the industry it's probably difficult to imagine just what is involved, and how much money and time one has to devote to running tournies, manufacturing kit, publishing mags etc.

But you're right, too many commentators and not enough do ers. Nout changes, does it.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
"All the crowd was made up of Ballers. "

Actually, thats not quite true. I spent quite a bit of time up on the walkway watching the games on the Astroturf & spent most of that time talking to loads of people who were just passing (they'd been doing other sport stuff at the centre or walking dogs & stuff) & telling them about the game & what was gong on on the field. I must have spoken to dozens of people, many of whom had thought it was just all about "weekend warriors" in the wood & who went away with a whole new view of the sport. There were at least 3 sets of parents that I spoke to alone who decided that they would let their kids play after all.

Don't just rely on people like Niall (who worked his balls off with the rest of the Campaign crew) to do all the evangelising - you do your bit & talk to these people that do see us.

here here liz

All my poor customer get there compulsary eduction and find out were the next big tourney is and all summer they were all told about Campaign cup.

If we are going to educate the non playing public we need to stick together on this;)

Nial

I really feel for you on the logistic of getting this organised, I know just how much work goes into organising a small tourney let alone the country show case event.

We will be there again this year and mabey the boys will be organised enough to play this year lol;)

Tigger The Bouncing Assassin

****** with a capital 'R'
Feb 25, 2002
London
Visit site
getting back to the point of this thread.........

the 'Big ass guns' on Xfire are actualy field infernos, running at 120, with 100 box mag ontop. in other words: THEY SUCK.

just a bit of useless info for ya'll.

idiots try to settle arguments with pistols.
large callaber assault rifles get the job done much quicker.

Eddie