Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Top 10 Teams In The Uk 2008/9

If you read the end of my post, you would have seen it say that I'm not slating them. I'll admit, they are doing better than me, seen as I haven't played in 2 years :D

If you weren't referring to me in that last bit, then sorry :D

Anyway, back to the topic...
No mate im not reffering to you, or anyone for that matter. I am just stating that if you are prepared to slate a teams hard work and courage, then make sure you have something to back yourself up with.

Red

Redski
Dec 14, 2005
LDN
Nexus
Shock
Disruption
Swarm
Notorious
ECi
Stealers
Storm
Freekz
Bulldogs

hankin

Jun 11, 2003
Visit site
Nexus
Shock
Disruption
tigers
Stealers
Notorious
ECi
Storm
Swarm

I dont know enough about the other teams to choose a 10th

DANIEL

Jun 25, 2002
At the top.
Visit site
If it helps here is a team list from that Dark Warrior has been updating in the Newbies section

http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=99583

There are a lot of teams currently around the same level and have the potential to become good / great teams if they work on a few things and build experience.

I was at a training day with Nicky T over the winter and he said something that is sooo true,

'a lot of uk players have the potential to become great players, but they never will because they think they already are'

Players / teams need to seek constant improvement, even if you max teams etc there is always something you can do a bit better. This is hpw the top teams stay on Top, They improve to reach the top of the pile and keep seeking improvements to ensure they stay there.

I've been playing tournaments since 2000, and there is still so much of my game that can be improved.

Dan.

GSuperstar

Planet Eclipse
Jul 17, 2003
Manchester
www.facebook.com
I know two players that left teams to go play for the Hurrincane's and the reason for doing so was that they would get free gear, and shiny expensive gats.

Teams like the Firm and bulldogs have earned respect, rather than buying it. Although i have nothing against the Hurricanes, they need to earn respect from players and teams to be looked at as a benchmark. Don't think they help their self by being uber aggressive against teams, yeah its fine to shoot people out, but over shooting players off the field.

Ok, reading from your whole post first.

You sound as if all they're doing is missing 'your' respect, and why do they need that?

I think you have the wrong perspective on things, i sometimes look at kids, who are playing for their first time ever with the newest gun out and think, 'lucky sod i had to start out with an inferno he doesn't deserve that', but if i could go back and start with that gun? Hell yeah i would.

Just because people have money for backing doesn't make them any less worthy of anyones respect, they're doing the best they can with what resources they have. Trips to the states to train with Pros to get better? Tell me you wouldn't?

I spoke to Matt a lot in Malaga, and they got their ass beat, and when asked what he thought?

"Aww man we had great fun"

Fun! That's what they're having, and with that all they want is to get better, bought spot or not they're doing what they can to become a benchmark team as people on this forum obviously think so too, and believe me they're going the right way about it with the right help and the right mindset and i personally wish them all the best and luck forward to seeing them around at more events and whatever they can get too.

As for the section highlighted in Bold, this just makes you sound as if you got over shot in a game against them, which unfortunately happenes in paintball... its paintball :)

As for upcoming teams:

Hurricanes

Bulldogs - Cannock cobras themselves where always an upcoming team with strong players, now the majority have moved to this team i expect the same and for them to rise up the ranks :) Good players on the team that are willing to learn.

ECi - Always proving themselves in the Millennium series and always doing a good job of it.

Swarm - Had the pleasure of playing these at the PA last year, good bunch of lads, no whining no bitching, just play play play, and good at it.

Storm - Only really got to watch these once in Malaga but the support for them was amazing and they didn't let the fans down with a hard fought out game, i can see them becoming a strong contender in the future for consistant finishes.

Firm - Always have the ability... just depends on what they do with it ;)

Best luck to all the teams playing Campaign.

TomO
Disruption

C.Edwards #1 Fan

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Nexus
Disruption
Shock
Swarm
Storm
Notorious
ECI

Then you can perm any three from seven others I can think of, but even though the other teams may make a UK top ten list it does not mean they are any good compared to the level you need to achieve to place in the quarter finals and above at European level.

As for the Hurricanes, I think some of the comments some have posted may come back and bite your arse, they have one of the country's leading recognised trainers giving them regular training sessions, they have spent a lot of cash going to the states learning from some of the top teams and will end up with one of the best training sites in the country.
Their first Millennium may have been an eye opener but while the only prerequisite to playing in any of the divisions is having the means to pay for it, good luck to them.

Russ

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I totally agree Russ. Keep at it Hurricanes, you'll find the poor comments are probably from people who have never played a Millennium. Best thing you guys can do is stay together, and keep at it.

Best of luck!