Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

very very new

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
can someone please tell me all the differant types of paintball games there are in the world of paintball
i now know woodsball -in a wood i guess
speed ball - tourney type of paintball (mostly blowup obstacles)

anymore? whats rec ball?

i would say recball and woodsball are the same kinda running around the woods kinda thing. depending on where ur playin can affect wat kinda gun (marker/gat) u r getting. i.e. i know some sites only have co2 on site which could affect u getting an ion or above. if ur planning on playin tournaments then search for a team and go train/play with them. people say buy an ion but if u can afford £250ish then spend it on a nice 05 ego from the classified. very rarely go wrong and are super quick and easy to maintain but eclipse r wicked for customer service. ive owned angels in the past and whilst very nice i would say are much more difficult to clean and when i owned an ion i didnt even bother stripping it. just got rid .. far to difficult. lol
bored of typing now so im gonna post this and watch tv. byeeeee

RainbowShooter

Drop the gun, fat boy.
Oct 12, 2006
St Albans, Hertfordshire
yeah well here a some example setups for you:

woodsball:

marker: tippmann a-5
hopper:comes with it own custom cyclone feed
air system: 48cu 3000psi pure energy air tank
goggles: v-froce profilers/jt-flex's and if you're spending more e-vents or v-force grills
clothing: tourny gear in whatever colour you like.

Speedball:

Marker: smart parts ion
hopper: viewloader evolution 2
air system: air system: 48cu 3000psi pure energy air tank
goggles: v-froce profilers/jt-flex's and if you're spending more e-vents or v-force grills
clothing: camo or dark coloured tourny gear

and you will also need a pod pack with pots. And if you feel like it you can buy your own tournament gear, but for woods you could wear some camo or dark colour tourny gear.

these setups are both perfect for their style play.

hope this helps! :)
Sure you don't mean "camo or dark coloured tourny gear" for woodball not sup'air?

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
closest field i know of with any kinda supair is npf @ bassetts pole. there is 4 more local sites and they are all woods only with simple speedball fields :(

woodsball is good but u wont get a buzz playin that like u would playin tournaments in my humble opinion

Unstoppable

Apr 15, 2007
where do you live ??
i live in southwest of england - somerset to be precise, yea i wanna do tourney so i get that "buzz" but ive only been a few times and wanna see if i properly like it before i go and buy alot of stuff. i think if i do start im gonna have to talk to smartpart about the marker i get.

any place in southwest were i can go have a day and see if i wanna start.

Unstoppable

Apr 15, 2007
i know bout the place near bristol "hamburger hill" apparently its really good so thats were im probably gonna go

whats the best beginner equipment for me as i would like to take up speed ball, and tourney style paintball

anyone got a cheap ion going at all? i will be prepared to spend £100 on it, would be cool to have anything else you may not want and would wanna sell cheap
sorry im a pretty cheap kid lol but i gotta get a job first lol

reaper man

marshall law
Jan 15, 2007
wolverhampon
you might get an ion for £100 with a few upgrades on but then you can buy a brand new one for £140 and that will have a warranty with it too not that anythin really goes wrong with them. as for upgrades you can buy those as and when you can afford them.

an ion would be good for whatever type of game you wish to try as you can build it up to look and do pretty much what you want it to be.

Unstoppable

Apr 15, 2007
i would rather buy for £100 than £140 because that way:
1:its may have a few ups
2:its £40 cheaper
3:i can use that £40 for any other gear i want or any more ups i would like to get

how much at the most am i looking at spending for a fully equiped ion and i need goggles so how much does everyone thing