Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

which 'opper?

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
ok what hopper do i got for on my new toy (blade cocker)

for the last 9 years ive used a 9v mk1 autofeed, tis about time i retired it i think! expecially as i can outshoot it with my pump gun!

my choices are
revvy 12v x-board- everyone seems to have them so they cant be bad, have heard nasty things about the feed neck snapping tho....is that on all of them or just the clear ones?

halo b - im told they are fast as fook but v heavy

evo2 - dont see many about, any particular reason

ricochet - look bloody ugly so forget that one

ok ideas plz! this is to go on what will be an eclipse cocker (without the fancy ano job)

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
Originally posted by joe bob
just because its ugly doesnt mean its not good, Its whats inside that counts:)
EH?! This is paintball innit? If it doesn't look good, why have it?!?! :D:D:D

Are the 12v revvys known for their snap-happiness? :( I've just bought one, and don't really want to see it break on its first outing...

Mike (Exodus)

Where's me cheese?
Nov 9, 2001
Manchester
There have been a few duff batches of the clear 12volts recently but most shops will swap out broken ones if you've suffered a snapped neck.

Robinator

Yeti Balling
May 2, 2002
High Wycombe
www.dyeprecision.com
I think

that you need to balance up your options... how fast can you shoot your blade cocker? if it is above 12bps then it is probably wise getting a halo b, egglution. IMO you should stay right away from the gem series revvy shells as they are really brittle and break at the feed neck, i have seen and heard of countless cases over the last few months. I used to use an old style shell revvy and had no probs though... i heard somewhere that even VL are admitting a poor choice of the polycarbonate for their shells and are releasing a Mk3 edition soon which will be stronger. I now use a halo b and have to admitt that the feed rates are incredible, however the weight difference between a halo and revvy are considerable and do you really need them with a cocker?... I haven't tried an egglution so can't really pass comment on that one.
The option i think you should go for is to get an old shell revvy on the cheap and buy some new internals for it... have heard you can pick them up new for about £20! If you are looking for something a bit faster then maybe you should try the new re-loaded sound activating guts for the revvy, have heard some good things about them, plus you can pick them up from fat bob's for a reasonable price.
just my 2p hope this helps
Robin ;)

p8ntslinger

Pie eating mid player.
Nov 4, 2002
I don't know.
Visit site
revvys are good, evos are better, halos (b) are best. X-board revvys and evos are great for fast shooting open bolt guns. The halo bs' are purpose built for vert. feed closed bolt markers, cockers, excals, ect.:D :D :D