Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why is Tippmann not considered tournament level?

DSONYX99

Oct 26, 2001
Rapid City, SD
Visit site
Yes, another nb question. But I'm trying to learn fundamentals and concepts as fast as possible.

I know this question is probably sounds like: why isn't a Dodge Caravan used for drag racing? From what I'm reading, it sounds like the models Tippmann makes are "just for novices".

So what really sets apart a "Tournament gun" from a stock 98Custom, for example. Is it accuracy? Reliability? Percentage of chopped balls? Shots per second? Conservation of fuel (air)? If a person played him/herself, why would the person with the "Tournament" gun beat the 98custom?

At 20 yards, what size group would a "Tournament" gun make vs. the 98Custom? Assuming both guns were locked in position.

Is the Tippmann a Dodge Caravan, Mits. Eclipse, or Viper Venom:cool: ?

permboy

Aug 14, 2001
Birmingham
1. Too F**king big
2. Chop balls more than higher end marker
3. Can't get high enough r.o.f usually.
4. Chunky munky time :)
5. Flatine system when attached is a biatch to squeegie.

Better markers:

1.Higher Accuracy improved accuracy with aftermarket barrels
2.Can't say anything about reliability as tippmanns are pretty damn good for that.
3.Chopped balls feature highly with tippmanns.
4. A higher r.o.f on higher level marker.
5.Spose a higher end gun is designed to be more efficient but that's open to comment.
6.It depends on the level of skill posessed by player. If th player with the tippmann is Raaaaaaaaaa! then it is most likely he will win over a newbie with an angel. The skill of the player determines the outcome of each situation not the marker.

Every paintball gun will fire the same distance if its set at the same Fps. These are the laws of physics, the only exception is a barrel that puts backspin on the ball e.g. flatline for 98c

No idea what your on about for last question.
later mon
mario

FI2eeFL0w

Team Halo
Aug 11, 2001
USA (texas)
tippmans just arent very accurate at all, even with the flatline(gets great distance, but the accuracy is s**t.......the trigger pull is slow, its very VERY LARGE.....eats up are like campbell's chicken noodle soup.........loud.......boring......ugly.......
the higher end markers(angel,cocker,matric,shocker,bushy,impulse,etc.) are MUCH more accurate, get more range, fast, hardly EVER chop balls(free flow=NEVER) and they are just much better......tippmans are good starters though, i guess

spyder

my name should be B2k2
Oct 15, 2001
professional
nothing.com
also it is about how good you look.if you show up on a field with a tippmann and everyone has an angel or autococker,they already have an advantage over you because you have fear and they have confidence.