Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

why should i avoid stako bottles??

Skeet

Platinum Member
Going off topic but stako did have a brilliant idea with these bottles. Cheap to buy and after 5 years bin them, so no hastle with a hydro test..

They are lighter than anyother tank on the market but many ballers are afraid of them due to them being more sensitive to flash filling. Safe enough if you fill slowly and in stages, and dont go too high. But if youd prefer it everyone didnt make a 5 meter circle around you while filling shouting boom then get a wrap tank..
Well, £170 ain't cheap by my standards, especially for a throw away item.
Normal tanks with presets are around the same price or cheaper so...

But yes, nice idea with the light weight etc, shame about the fact that they aren't compatible with impatient people.

If anyone want's a Stako, I have one for sale. It's yum and hasn't so much as farted, let alone detonated.

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
If they do go boom though you get a cool nic name.

The stako band wagon has long since left. I think we need to start one about regs with only an HP burst disc. DYE have sorted theres out but there must be more.

Infact, the award for most dangerous air system goes to the stako with a myth reg.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Yeah, quite likely user error, rather than in Nige's case though.

I have been for a ride in one (long story), short ride, very nice.

As Clarky said, it's the greatest car even made or most likely ever will be, purely because it was made as an exercise in engineering, rather than for profit.

I see your point, but our friend does deserve to know the potential dangers of using a Stako, if it is involved in some sort of misuse or accidental oil injection incident. I know that the bottle itself has never failed as such, usually it's the reg, that would appear to have failed, but why did it fail? And usually on a Stako?

Tricky Dicky

Turks
May 9, 2008
Inverness
Suggest you get your facts correct

Stakos are perfectly legal worldwide
Flash filling is dangerous to any bottle, especially if you do not know the systems maintainance history
The difference is that Stako have tighter tolerances and you have to be more careful, but to claim that they are illegal is slanderous
I I calm down dear! I'm pretty sure if you read correctly I did state tht I was unsure, hence the correct me part!

Now I know I got it wrong ok, but I read tht they aint D.O.T approved so they arnt recomended.

There was no need to take a fit over a conversation of a bottle! I believe tht when you said its slanderouse took things a bit too far

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Dick1990, as a moderator Dark Warrior will correct any wrong information in any post made within this forum, just as i would have. Air and Stakos are a touchy subject.