Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DeltaForce Paintballing

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
No. They aren't.
Unless the guy at my local corner shop is also a con artist...
paying retail does not = getting conned.

The voucher thing isn''t a con. It's just a sales technique that plays on the greed of the consumer. The customer is in control of their money at all times.
If someone offers you $2 for the price of $1, then you should start asking questions. People don't, they believe that $1 can buy $2, which is dumb. The green monster takes over, and then they cry 'con!' if they don't get the 200% value they someone thought they were somehow going to get.
Grow TF up.
$1 costs $1 no matter where you are.

UnseenSpirit

Jan 7, 2014
Delta force are more expensive than other places to me. Plus I have found that I can haggle a lot easier when I book in a group with other companies. The sites themselves are pretty good though. I like the idea of top gun at the end and have found that the overall environment and atmosphere quite friendly.

If there are only 2 marshalls a game I find people cheat more. If we have 3 or even 4 then it's a lot better.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

connor96

Jul 26, 2013
northampton
they aren't always truthful when talking to customers though I was speaking to a marshal about how expensive paint was and he it has to be because it costs them 8p to make each ball. why would they then sell paint at £8 per 100 if it costs the exact same to make it, lies.

crumbla146

Sep 17, 2012
farnham
they aren't always truthful when talking to customers though I was speaking to a marshal about how expensive paint was and he it has to be because it costs them 8p to make each ball. why would they then sell paint at £8 per 100 if it costs the exact same to make it, lies.
looking at around £25 a case, seller (assuming you have gone to sup air/ walkon) will turn a profit on that mate

diaboro919

Crimson Baller
Jun 14, 2012
Dorset
end of the day though, Delta Force is a business and businesses are usually out to make money. To be honest, i used to think the same: ripoff, con artists etc. but when i look back now, after many years of playing, they are just another business out to provide a good time. yes, they are expensive but some businesses are, even outside of paintball.

For those who have played at a Delta Force (ive played at 5 seperate sites, still do), you can see that the money they make doesn't all go into their pockets. Their sites are well developed with many great game zones with many great buildings such as 2 tier forts, double decker buses, huts to even a Chinook helicopter. Maintaining such a site is no doubt expensive as well.

Aracanid

Sep 20, 2012
As much as I hate to agree I'll have to agree with diaboro. The sites themselves are quite well developed compared to some others. Its mainly those guys in the street that try and sell you packages that get on my nerves haha

Reactions: diaboro919

5chm3gz

Banned
Nov 28, 2012
The sites have a lot of funding pumped into them at least every 5 years. If the site is no longer economical to run or the site is not attracting as many punters as it used to they look into relocating the site. The London weighting allowance was paid regardless of what site you were at I lived and worked well outside of London. Apparently this was done so they could pay you below minimum wage and "top up the wage with LWA" In regards to all of you that are moaning that you were getting less then NMW 3 years ago. That was 3 years ago, NMW has increased every year and the LWA was only introduced in the last few years. In regards to the bringing your own lunch. Yes they did used to provide lunches free of charge but because it was a benefit in kind it was tax deductible from the staff member and it was promptly removed. The owners/manager of Delta Force are very clever at managing their business, when i used to do some management there certain things had to go under certain business names for different tax allowances. I.e. paintballs were only bought and sold under one company name, wages paid by a completely different company. The wages i stated last year are still correct and upto date. Ill defend Delta Force to the best of my ability, i worked there for almost 5 years alongside my other job. I didn't do it because i needed the cash i did it because it was a laugh, the staff were great and it kept me busy and outside. Plus there were no other paintball sites in my area. So what was i supposed to do. commute to Birmingham every weekend? I would very rarely play there unless it was for free. Yes their prices are extortionate, yes some of the things that they get away with could be borderline criminal and yes the way the sites are run are terrible but one thing we cannot doubt is that they are good at what they do.

Reactions: Aracanid