Votes: 76 69.7%
  • Yes, but shut up about it

Votes: 20 18.3%

• Total voters

BubbleGumBob

Free Style Baby!
Mar 10, 2007
Reading/Newbury
Iv never cheated in rec ball but i have occsanally in tornments, never wiped a hit blately but i have been hit filling corner and divied on it, be shot on my my knee and gone down to crouch slightly diffrent in my opnion to wiping a hit,

anyone agree?

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
Iv never cheated in rec ball but i have occsanally in tornments, never wiped a hit blately but i have been hit filling corner and divied on it, be shot on my my knee and gone down to crouch slightly diffrent in my opnion to wiping a hit,

anyone agree?
Knowingly losing a hit is wiping. True story.

When I played, I used to cheat to hell, because I could. If I got pulled I never argued, I knew I cheated, the ref knew I cheated and at a guess everyone on my team knew I cheated.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Alot of honest people in this thread which I respect. I don't play tourney so could anyone explain how you cheat by screwing around with your marker? I don't intend to do this i'm just curious ..
(If you think that it will give others ideas nevermind :cool:)
1 - BPS cheating
a - Capping your marker at a higher rate of fire than is allowed for the whole game
b - Breakout modes that increase your ROF from the game on for a set period of time

2 - Firing mode
a - Breakout modes to make the gun full auto off the break (no need to pull the trigger just hold it down) often in combination with the above BPS increase
b - Fewer pulls to activate ramp
c - Ramp reset - PSP has a 1 second reset, MS doesnt. Meaning, once you stop firing your marker in MS modes, you have to reach the ramp kick in point again from scratch. You could change this to make it easier to get back up to the capped ROF.

3 - FPS cheating.
a - Manually increasing the FPS of your marker with a tool to adjust the output of the 2nd stage regulator (HPR)
b - Electronic dwell setting adjustment - could be done via the board, or a breakout mode to increase the dwell (aka valve open time) of the marker. This increases the volume of air per shot and therefore the velocity of the ball

For me FPS cheating is the worst kind as its the most dangerous IMO, but leathering someone with 20+ BPS can also be very dangerous (BPS cheats)
Id say altering your ramp mode would be the easiest way to cheat (ie pulls to initiate or sustain ramp, and ramp restart). However, todays standard modes are so easy to use Id doubt it would be a massive advantage to anyone and not worth the ban.

This is just some examples Im sure there are more.
Ive never done any of this. But sure ive played on with hits depends on the game and the opponents and gravity of the situation I guess.

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
petitions.number10.gov.uk
i dont cheet.

have been pulled for being hit unknowingly and did once have my gun shooting 19bps ramping instead of 10.5. dont usaly use ramp so didnt think anything of it. atleast am sticking to that excuse

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
In a tournament situation I have no problem with cheating, providing they don't try and lie or BS about it afterwards. At least then there is a certain honesty about it. It the people who blatantly cheat and then lie about it, denying profusely that they did or ever do cheat that really piss me off.

Oh, and for the record yes I cheat. If I get shot on the bump and can loose the hit on a slide I will, if asked afterwards by the shooter I will admit it and praise his shooting and probably comment on the reffing, but I wont apologise.

Do I think it's big and cleaver? No, but I know I prefer to win and if the gain is big enough and the risk small enough... You see the same in professional sports all the time.
SS, I don't think I have seen a more contrary post mate; you say you don't mind people cheating just as long as they don't BS or lie about it ... you are kiddin' me right?

You think the majority of these people are honest?
Don't you think the fact these people cheat in the first place means they are they are the sort of people that might not be totally honest with you if caught????

Bejeeepers SS, come on mate, this is a bit naive to say the least.

There are basically two types of cheat:-

a) The spontaneous cheat !
This is the guy who might do it on the spur of the moment, a sort of knee-jerk reaction and if anybody was ever likely to put their hands up to such a crime, then this is he .... not likely but hey, we live in hope.

the second type of cheat is :-

b) The congenital cheat.
This is the guy who was born a cheat and sees it as a part of the game; he will of course lie his ass off if caught because even though he may have been born a cheat, he does actually realise it's wrong and therefore does not wish to get branded as such.

There is a sub section to this group and it is a player like Markus Niellsen who basically doesn't give a flying fuhk; he cheats at every opportunity and basically states, he'll 'do the time when he does the crime' ........ he once brazenly wiped in front of spectators in Germany at a Millennium, he actually turned round to face them as he made an exaggerated gesture to wipe a shot from himself ....... he knew he could get it away with it because he was fortunate enough to blind-spot the refs ... the onlookers were obviously mixed in their emotions.
Personally, I wanted to shove his elbow up his ass but unfortunately the rules disbar me from such actions.

And yes I have cheated ..... but I was never a born cheat and can count on both hands the number of times I did it in over 10 years of play.
I ain't proud of it, I wish I hadn't done it but I suppose the only good thing I can take from it is knowing just how many of my fellow pros descended into the dark side at every opportunity.

Bt the way, it should come as no surprise to learn that jeff abbott is a congenital cheat and liar .... he used to tell people he was a pro player, it was on his profile/sig on pbnation ...hahaha, he ain't ever played pro ... he's a living joke !!!

Reactions: Collier

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I have a gut feeling that Robbo's first catagory, the spontaneous cheat, is by far the most numerous and is the one where most improvement can be made by upping the quality of the reffing. The hardcore cheats will cheat one way or the other, you won't change them.
If you give the spontaneous cheat less room to cheat, they'll cheat less. Simple.

jack_judge

Tree or not #1 Member
Mar 7, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Fps cheating where you put massively underbored paint in your hopper and put lovely perfectly fitting paint in all your pods... works if you shoot all your paint when the ref wants to check you. Now that deserves a handshake for commitment and a slap across the face for being a little bitch

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
Robbo, I know plenty of players who view cheating as part of the game, who are of the opinion that everyone gets away with what they can (in fact this is pretty much all of the players I have encountered playing xball in the south and midlands).

There is however a big divide between those whom lie about the fact, denying that they cheat at all and those who (like myself) are fairly open about the fact.

In fact, I'd say viewing cheating (to a degree) as a part of the game is so prolific among the higher tier domestic players that it's almost a culture of open cheating, in that as soon as the game over call is made most players have no problem admitting that they had lost hits in point X or when hitting bunker Y.

So yes I think these people are honest, they're just playing a different game so to speak.

*edit* I suppose though, the difference between me and the rest of the players like me, is that because I am no longer affiliated with any team or company, I can state such things for all to see here on p8nt without worry. I dont have any reputation but my own, to concern myself with.