Votes: 76 69.7%
  • Yes, but shut up about it

Votes: 20 18.3%

• Total voters

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
I once shot a guy in the back of the hand from about 10-15 feet and made his hand bleed. At the end of the day thats not may fault how hard proto paint is.
Slightly off-topic, but yes - you are responsible for how hard your paint is. You often sing the praises of Proto paint, but if it is hard, then why not switch it out for a more brittle brand/batch and get less bouncers and more kills?

ses_paintball

Jan 13, 2009
Basildon Essex
Its part of the game these days and i cant see anything changing it. People are always going to push the boundaries and see what they can get away with.

obladeo

Platinum Member Lifetime
Nov 27, 2008
In a Shrubbery
Slightly off-topic, but yes - you are responsible for how hard your paint is. You often sing the praises of Proto paint, but if it is hard, then why not switch it out for a more brittle brand/batch and get less bouncers and more kills?
The paint is amazing why should care if it hurts other people? and i hardly get any bounces

Ant_UK_Refs

Platinum Member
Nov 13, 2008
Tameside, Manchester
Its part of the game these days and i cant see anything changing it. People are always going to push the boundaries and see what they can get away with.
That's all fine and dandy, but players need to realise that if they've been caught, don't make the refs look like tossers because they've only done their job, or should I say only done part of their job. Too many times players blame the refs for their own short comings when in actual fact respect them for seeing the wipe, or catching the naughty gat. That problem is down to the player for doing it in the first place, who chose to use cheeky modes, who chose to lose a hit. BTW, for those who think that losi ng a hit on a dive or sliding into a bunker is simply losing a hit.....it aint. It's another form of wiping and thus, assuming the ref is confident enough to make the call, will rightly be assessed as a wipe and the appropriate penalty given. Maybe I will be lining myself up here as a ref who is gonna have, or at least attempt to have, the piss ripped out of me by players aiming to push it even further. But I'm confident in my abilities as a ref, and am not at all bothered what the outcome when it comes to giving penalties, or who it pisses off. Bottom line is, if you try it and don't get away with it, then you're gonna be pulled for it so just man up, understand that point and take a backward step and look at yourself as a player.

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
go ant go,your the man;):D
now what,s that about farm animals and have you got pics:eek::D:D
i know this guy is telling you the honest truth and is one off the best refs out there.
so the next time he catches you wiping don,t bitch and moan,believe it he will catch you

Reactions: Ant_UK_Refs

Ellis90

London Attrition
Nov 7, 2008
south
That's all fine and dandy, but players need to realise that if they've been caught, don't make the refs look like tossers because they've only done their job, or should I say only done part of their job. Too many times players blame the refs for their own short comings when in actual fact respect them for seeing the wipe, or catching the naughty gat. That problem is down to the player for doing it in the first place, who chose to use cheeky modes, who chose to lose a hit. BTW, for those who think that losi ng a hit on a dive or sliding into a bunker is simply losing a hit.....it aint. It's another form of wiping and thus, assuming the ref is confident enough to make the call, will rightly be assessed as a wipe and the appropriate penalty given. Maybe I will be lining myself up here as a ref who is gonna have, or at least attempt to have, the piss ripped out of me by players aiming to push it even further. But I'm confident in my abilities as a ref, and am not at all bothered what the outcome when it comes to giving penalties, or who it pisses off. Bottom line is, if you try it and don't get away with it, then you're gonna be pulled for it so just man up, understand that point and take a backward step and look at yourself as a player.
slightly off topic but seeing as your a UK ref you might be able to answer this mate..

correct me if im wrong but if you are shot on the way to your bunker millenium rules state to continue to your bunker and check yourself/ ask a ref for a check?

say for example i am hit on the side of the knee, just before i slide into my bunker, the ref sees it break but the hit isnt there when i slide in, i check myself, find no hit and play on.

would this warrant that ref calling a one for one on me?

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
slightly off topic
happy b/day ant from all the guys at powerplay
ps don,t marshall our field at the next cpps:p:D
you might get some birthday loving:p
36 today theres:D hope for me yet

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
exile just a quickie if you are checking yourself you know you have been hit
but don,t know if it has broken.
so call for a check straight away it,s the playing on that gets you a 141 i think

Jun 11, 2008
Never even considered gun cheats for two reasons;
1. been regularly sponsored by planet and they don't do gun cheats. Ledz would have had my balls for even broaching the subject (not that I would)
2. never been able to shoot fast so the introduction of ramping was a bonus anyway. I've always relied more on accuracy and the cerebral aspect of the game.
I consider myself to be a fairly honest player but I can't say I've never cheated. I've done it in the past to 'compensate' against teams who had the reputation/I'd seen cheat and knew they wouldn't walk. It's a weak excuse and It's rarely happened.
On the other side of the coin I've walked on two occasions when balls bounced off the floor and sprayed me. I walked because if a ref checked it it would of cost us the game. As it was we lost anyway so I've often wished I'd stayed put.
One thing though - if your caught don't moan about it and don't deny it. Refs aren't on the field to add colour, they're there because players cheat.