Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Masters feedback

Lemon

Baller without a willy ;)
Feb 17, 2006
Bradford
www.get-cash-back.co.uk
In that particular case the player came round the back, watched his opponent (facing the other way & completely unaware) for at least 5 seconds while standing still, then aimed & shot at the head rather than the back. Unnecessary imho at this level; you might get people spinning and firing after being shot at the very top level but at domestic level shots in the back should be quite enough especially when there's only 3 players left on the field & plenty of refs to prevent spinning.
Fair comment but Div 1 Masters is no push over and considering the team in question (probably one of the most aggressive teams I've come accross - domestically) I think a game ban (especially the game against the same team - possibly where the game fixing comment came from?) was a bit harsh. It's not like he was drilled in the head, 2 shots, one of them on his mask (can't say a mask shot has ever hurt me!) and there was a high probability that he would have spun and then argued about it (or thrown his marker on the floor in anger...) knowing how hard this team plays, so in all fairness taking 5 seconds to weigh all this up and deciding to go for the head shot after all is quite understandable. Not saying you're wrong at all, just pointing out how it looked from a different perspective.

danrandon

randonphotography.co.uk
Mar 4, 2005
leicester
www.randonphotography.co.uk
Fair comment but Div 1 Masters is no push over and considering the team in question (probably one of the most aggressive teams I've come accross - domestically) I think a game ban (especially the game against the same team - possibly where the game fixing comment came from?) was a bit harsh. It's not like he was drilled in the head, 2 shots, one of them on his mask (can't say a mask shot has ever hurt me!) and there was a high probability that he would have spun and then argued about it (or thrown his marker on the floor in anger...) knowing how hard this team plays, so in all fairness taking 5 seconds to weigh all this up and deciding to go for the head shot after all is quite understandable. Not saying you're wrong at all, just pointing out how it looked from a different perspective.
good point lemon, i saw the game in question and thought nothing of it. It's happend to me before and i don't complain.

At the end of the day if you don't want to get shot don't play the game!

I heard about this and although I dont play the Masters, I know the guy who shot the other guy. Knowing the person in question, I could honestly say he is a genuine top bloke. I have played against him many a time and I have never witnessed any malice or overkill in his game. He is one of the most honest and fairest players I know and so are his team.
from what I understand the player who got shot didnt complain it was someone on the sidelines that moaned, and as a result he got banned for a game. I wish many times when I get home I could take just 2 shots (and one of them was in his mask) instead of being covered in welts from head to toe!
I think its about time we started punishing the people shouting on the sidelines and in the deadbox more. If you dont play then shut up moaning!!!
Leave the guy alone, if he was wearing his teams shirt he was playing with that day I doubt if anything had been said, its just he was wearing a pro shirt.
nige
ps, these are my own thoughts and nothing to do with my team, my pet goldfish or sponsors!
pm me for super prototype paintballs that will hit you anywhere but in the head!!!!

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
If it took a player 5 secs to decide to shoot the guy in the head as opposed to anywhere else on his body in Div 1, then that player deserves the ban. If it had been a run through, where you blindsided the player and shot him in the head, then that cannot be disputed. But to stand there for 5 secs and then shot someone in the head is disgraceful. Why is it over aggreesive play - because in 5 seconds you could have put min of 25 shots up and down his pack / torso. I understand the spin arguement, but that mainly applies on run-throughs, if you got 5 secs you could shot and move out of the way of the spin shot, because you are in full control of the situation. If you have the opportunity to take a player off the field then just do it and gloat afterwards not gloat first then aim for the head. The difference may be subtle but there is a difference.

Spreadz
The player may not have complained because he would have though it was a run through, so acceptable. You are trying to tell me you would rather take 2 shots to the head than 5 or 6 to the body from somebody who has you completely at there mercy at very close range. 1 to the mask is a lucky escape in this situation as long as your lenses withstand the hit

beer

setting things right
Nov 29, 2004
Returning?????
Visit site
FFS All them who complain at being shot, leave the sport and go here instead!!!

http://www.softballplayer.com/

so what he got shot in the head **** happens, who cares if the guy shooting had a few seconds, you ever thought might have some **** in barrel and the ball wasnt ment to hit his head?

and if not so fu*ing what! were not playing punter Ball, where playing paintball with guns shooting stupid amount of balls per second.

all i can say is Get over it!

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
FFS All them who complain at being shot, leave the sport and go here instead!!!

http://www.softballplayer.com/

so what he got shot in the head **** happens, who cares if the guy shooting had a few seconds, you ever thought might have some **** in barrel and the ball wasnt ment to hit his head?

and if not so fu*ing what! were not playing punter Ball, where playing paintball with guns shooting stupid amount of balls per second.

all i can say is Get over it!

Nobody's complaining about being shot
The discussion is about over aggressive play and players in the deadbox shooting out live players. The rules were broken, the question is did the punishment fit the crime.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
I don't know where the idea that 1 shot was on the mask came from - I cleaned the 2 shots off the player one from the base of his skull (right in the middle) and the other (bleeding) one from just under and at the back of his ear.

beer

setting things right
Nov 29, 2004
Returning?????
Visit site
Nobody's complaining about being shot
The discussion is about over aggressive play and players in the deadbox shooting out live players. The rules were broken, the question is did the punishment fit the crime.

Free extra balls, pssh once again find another sport,

but i did see alot of the shooting from deadbox from centrain teams... which cmon if ur **** enuf to get shot out take it like a man :cool: