Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Maxs: Police took our markers at the airport

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Does'nt anyone think it is strange that these where confiscated on the way out not on the way in.
Security seems a bit backwards to me
We will let "dangerous, illegal weapons" into the country, but not let them out and I bet they are auctioned off to some dealer who stamps the "F" on and resells them.

boozshey

Apr 13, 2004
www.zerokewl.com
No, it wasn't on US Property. There is in fact a US Air Base about 2 minutes away, the event is hosted at a Soccer School off the base.

Oh it's an "F" not and "R" :D

noop

Originally posted by TJ Lambini
Noop - your post has been edited. No need for that homeboy.

An apology would be in order to your fellow forum members right about now...
Es tut mir leid? Ich verstehe schon nicht.

I was referring it to the police at the airport, but I wasn't being serious, as that wouldn't really help the situation. :rolleyes:

avidfan

Jul 14, 2003
Belmont Shore, Ca
Visit site
Originally posted by FMS
It's not like you haven't been warned
http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28631
Yes, how could anyone have missed that warning? It was posted right here on the European Player's Association thread under the subject "Legal age limit for paintball". :rolleyes:

Originally posted by FMS
Booya
aren't you American? then take this as a lesson in applied capitalism.
All Americans will sooo appreciate the good natured humor of this post. :( :( hmmm
Originally posted by Mark Toye-Nexus
The final responsibilty with checking the law in the country you travel into lies solely with the individual.
Hi Mark..of course you have a point, but you're kidding, right?? ;)
We missed you at Huntington!!

Juho from Takeover...If you have any luck getting your markers back, please post how you managed to do it. I'd bet there are others affected by this that would love to have their guns returned.
Good luck.

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Originally posted by avidfan

Hi Mark..of course you have a point, but you're kidding, right?? ;)
We missed you at Huntington!!

[/B]
Me kidding??

Not really - assumption is the mother of all f ups (or something like that any way).

When I first started travelling I took time to find out what I could and couldnt do - most of the retailers will know or can find out.

But really there is no excuse for the organisers not to have advertised this fact and contacted all teams that registered to ensure that they complied. Maybe they assumed (there's that word again) that no-one was at risk and that by telling everyone it would put people off coming?

Me? cynical??

I missed HB myself btw - sounded superb!!!

Avalanche are the real deal this year!! Good luck!!

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Originally posted by Dark Warrior
Does'nt anyone think it is strange that these where confiscated on the way out not on the way in.
Security seems a bit backwards to me
We will let "dangerous, illegal weapons" into the country, but not let them out and I bet they are auctioned off to some dealer who stamps the "F" on and resells them.

Security isn't backwards, you get checked when you get on the plane...in YOUR OWN country not on entry unless the customs guys decide to pull you over, all the people getting pulled/caught whatever you want to call it were flying OUT so had to go through the checks. It all depends on who is checking things, I have flown home from the states and been told it was not going on the plane (hold) etc but always it has been overruled. But all the times I have had an issue flying HOME is when I have gone to the airport straight after an event all the times I have flown a couple of days later the scanning people just say "oh it's another paintball thing, we have had loads through already that's fine" so it pays to fly home a couple of days AFTER events not immediately. The German situation is a different thing altogether as the rules have been in place for some time..ignorance is no defence, and when this was first announced I seem to recall it was when we had the P8 forum without the login for user names needed ;)
Remember it is always the other guy who doesn't get stopped, now this is more widely known about I would suggest you give Mr Sosta some work, or don't go to Germany.
Canada has a tabled motion to do a similar thing (actually marker registration) for several years but it hasn't happened....yet.

Zorr0

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
OK so Germany is off the list of places where you can play ?
Do the comming countrys in the Millennium have similar laws??

Why the hell does Hamburg/Frankfurt airport have a different policy
on paintball guns.

So what does the law say about pb guns ?
What would have happened if police had raided the tournament?
(hint hint german teams will win next year)

boozshey

Apr 13, 2004
www.zerokewl.com
Well the police wouldn't have raided the tourny. It's more of one of those silent laws. The cops were driving around and all, but unless you are causing trouble and are carring it around at a non-sanctioned event then they are going to say something.

It's very hard to explain you just have to live here I guess to understand it...