Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Maxs: Police took our markers at the airport

Booya39

Jul 15, 2003
Michigan Ave.
www.dieselpaintball.com
since we're talking about germany and flying I thought this was worth telling:

"The German air controllers at Frankfurt Airport are renowned as a short-tempered lot. They not only expect one to know one's gate parking location, but how to get there without any assistance from them. So it was with some amusement that we (a Pan Am 747) listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and a British Airways 747, call sign Speedbird 206.

Speedbird 206: "Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of active runway."

Ground: "Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven."

The BA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.

Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"

Speedbird 206: "Stand by, Ground, I'm looking up our gate location now."

Ground (with quite arrogant impatience): "Speedbird 206, have you not been to Frankfurt before?"

Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, twice in 1944 -- but I didn't land." "

Jan

Apr 14, 2004
Originally posted by Zorr0
Why the hell does Hamburg/Frankfurt airport have a different policy
on paintball guns.

So what does the law say about pb guns ?
What would have happened if police had raided the tournament?
(hint hint german teams will win next year)
Well, a German team won Div1 - without confiscating markers.

Actually, if you call them they have the same policies. By Law a marker without an F is to be treated as a 9mm Barreta for instance. Some people just don´t know about paintball and act as ordered. Those who do know about it might cut you some slack - if you´re lucky.

Every official gundealer in Germany is allowed to import markers without an F. Get in touch with them (Maxs,OPM,KPS,ME,etc).

Just putting an F on it doesn´t make it legal. It just makes it look legal.

Facfull Worldbook

Click on the country and you´ll get Infos on laws, etc.

German PB-Forum

If you have questions regarding specifics about pb in Germany try this forum. It hosts an international corner.

So long
Greetz
Jan

PS: With all my smartassing above - not even mentioning the individual responsibility - the lack of information by maxs and the millenium series was a real shortcoming. Putting a bad aftertaste on a great tournament and a country struggelling to keep paintball alive within its borders.

boozshey

Apr 13, 2004
www.zerokewl.com
Yes, just putting an F on it doesn't make it "legal." But most police only are trained to look for the F and the other two markings are just there for investigative purposes. So by having even just the F it can make it by the authorities...

Zorr0

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Ok the Face full's site is ok
but it says this about germany

"Government law on paintball: Player must be 18, special requirements on field security, Markers have to pass a test before admitted to the market (F Stamp)"

This does not seem right???

What about flying via-germany ?

Jan

Apr 14, 2004
@ boozshey:
I know but didn´t want to advise them to do something illegal to disguise their "illegalness".

Cause then (worst case) we are where we started:

Players without markers and being prosecuted.

... but the Germans said it´s ok.

... but yes: it might help and pass a quick visual check by a customs officer.

@ ZorrO:

For stoppovers: ask your airline. My guess would be no prob since the luggage gets checked on departure and that´s it I think.

By the way:
Ryan Air (Not German) is by my knowledge the only airline that officially doesn´t allow markers in luggage.
Lufthansa (German) does.
It´s a crazy world out there

And yes it seems right:

For dealers to offer markers they have to hand them in to federal police and other authorities. They do tests and stamp it.

What is important to get an F:

Burst or F/A must not be selectable.
Muzzle energy may not exceed 7,5 Joule (approx. 210 fps).

That is why at a teamcaptainsmeeting you might hear:
We play at 210 fps - a gun over 300 is considered hot, etc.

Again: crazy world

Craigy

Team Sedition
Aug 5, 2003
Los Angeles CA
Actually

the Avalanche player had 9 markers taken, and they took them to do the test they do (whatever that is) and informed him they did not pass. So he still dosent have them back.

And it dosent look like he will get them back either.