Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New Sales and Classifieds Rules

s1im

ex gwc #21
Oct 23, 2004
essex england
The seller reservers the right to sell an item at the advertised price. offers below this will be under consideration by the seller until accepted or advertised price is offered .

how's this for you lumpy!

BigKris

Fabriacate diem..punk
Jan 8, 2009
Cambridge area.
www.level-1.org.uk
Blimey.
I've just read through the entire thread and i thought it was simple..and then it isnt.lol

Its a good thing that the people who run the forum are trying to help protect its users ,when i visit this forum the majority of visitors seem to be viewing the classifieds so i guess many peoples primary reason for registering is to buy the used gear thats advertised here.

However,i fear the mods will make a monkey for their backs by (admirably) acting as intermediaries in transactions that take place and go sideways. Bottom line in this context this forum hosts ads for peole who want to sell.Thats where PGI's involvement surely ends doesnt it ?

In a ham and eggs breakfast,the chicken is involved,but the pig is committed.

If i buy something from the local free ads paper and it goes pear shaped,do i expect free ads to sort it out?..certainly not . theyd laugh me out their office man.

Just like E bay etc.If you buy stuff in a private trade,you have an avenue of recourse providing you use paypal/world pay whatever.

Apart from that,have some blinking common and at least grab a phone number and email etc because your on your own.Buy at your own risk surely?.A forum is not a shop and surely cannot offer the same consumer protection as one.
If buying online makes you flap,go to a store in person.

Just like classified sections of MCB in the US If you're selling,set out your ground rules first.Thats all you can do.

Past the duty of care to make sure that the advertisements are in a format that is standardised such as the photo with the date/username etc plus a description plus an asking price etc so folks have less chance of getting fleeced,forgive me,but with respect i cant see how a forum that hosts the classified ads can be telling folks how they must do business with regard to,to whom and what price they sell their items . It will be a nightmare to police for one,people are gonna go their own sweet way on those issues. Whatever the weather.

As for trying to eliminate "low balls",cmon man thats commerce,god loves a tryer,if you get all bent out of shape about haggling go and live in Japan,its considered the height of indignity..over here..have a pair and live with it.You dont have to accept the offer after all.

Just my incoherent 2 pence on the subject,i was bored..lol.

You call it how you see it,its your world moderators.

CRASH

Team Rampage
Sep 23, 2008
The Ghetto
BigKris, i have no problem with haggling mate, you dont get if you dont try.
But when i refer to "lowballs" on here i dont mean the odd low offer, that can be expected when selling used goods.

Im refering to the unreasonable offers that are more like an insult.
Often from new members that dont really have a clue of the value of second hand kit and markers.

When selling a marker on here a while ago with a reasonable, current value price of £220, i recieved 7 pm's regarding buying it.

2 buyers offered the full asking price.

3 buyers made an offer within £30 of the asking price.

2 buyers offered below £150!

The last 2 come under the insult catagory.

BigKris

Fabriacate diem..punk
Jan 8, 2009
Cambridge area.
www.level-1.org.uk
I hear ya about the lowballs,

The odd few,no doubt emboldened by the impersonality of dealing with someone through a computer screen,will try and make a pi55 take offer for whatever reason, some people for sure dont understand the etiquette of negotiating a price,mainly because as a nation haggling is not the way things are done.

I think the best way to teach someone those "unwritten rules" is to post up
something along the lines of

"MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA yeah right mate:) that'l buy you the bottom line an' macroline,now make me a proper offer"

They will learn the game quickly or move on. I think the crux of what i'm trying to that its an inherent part of trade that some muppet will either make a naive offer and make himself look foolish,or chance their arm and make an outrageous offer.Either way the outcome is the same,they dont make the buy,and you sell it someone who makes a sensible offer.In that respect its a win win situation for you and a lose,lose situation for those guys.

A sense of humour is definitely an advantage when dealing with human muppetry .

At the end of the day,people will try and take the pi55 whether it be people making naively low offers on used gear,or conversely people putting their used gear up for naively inflated prices.

Some people understand trading etiquette and the current market,others either dont understand it or have no regard for it. Its just what it is. Just laugh it off and say "NEXT !!".

Leezo

Official Planet Eclipse Tech
Aug 21, 2007
Leadgate
Here's one for you:
What if someone puts a marker up for sale and no one makes an offer other than a trade enquiry then someone makes a monetary offer, does'nt get it but comes up as sold and there has been no mention of interest other than the offer which didnt get it and a trade enquiry?
http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116466

It's not sour grapes on my behalf that I didnt get it, but the fact it contradicts the rule about doing all business on the thread.

Thanks