Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Nexxus out of the NPPL ?

jj igotcha

Apr 20, 2005
edge of reason
Visit site
so does that mean a major roster shake up close season?
will nexus still compete in the nppl next year even if it is an americanised version or will the spot change hands? team name etc.:confused:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
jj igotcha said:
so does that mean a major roster shake up close season?
Yeah....

will nexus still compete in the nppl next year even if it is an americanised version or will the spot change hands? team name etc.:confused:
If the Nexus spot in the NPPL is saved by not being relegated then I will be discussing options with Dave Youngblood and Ledzy as to what's the best thing to do but it's a pretty big ask in trying to stay up.
I know this much, there is no way we can compete under present circumstances and all we are doing is an injustice to ourselves in both formats.
It makes much more sense to consolidate what we have and refocus attention on one format and get a consistent top 3 placing in one rather than nowhere in two.
Attending NPPL tournaments is extremely frustrating and an extreme drain on resources and I am not gonna repeat the reasons why but if a truly professional league is being touted then they have to do something about the gun cheats .. this is not the reason why we did poorly but it sure didn't help our cause.
OK I did mention it but I earned the right to........and if the CPL goes the same way then Nexus would be folded in a heartbeat and I would get out of pro league paintball altogether.

Heaven

Aug 21, 2003
Surrey
Visit site
Robbo said:
Just look for reports in the world's press for hoardes of women being trampled to death on some beach somewhere and it'll help you track the location...
That would be the 6th Annual Transvestite and Lesbian Pride Celebrated in Venezuela then lol.

jj igotcha

Apr 20, 2005
edge of reason
Visit site
Robbo said:
and if the CPL goes the same way then Nexus would be folded in a heartbeat and I would get out of pro league paintball altogether.
and that would be a crying shame for uk ball, i know that the NPPL spot looks doomed but never say never and what with the tigers needing a miracle to stay in the CPL the brits could have Shock as our sole representatives in major league pro paintball next year. surely now is the time for all of us to get off our arses and get down to Campaign and support all the Brit teams the way that the sneaky frogs and portugeezers do across the water. COME ON YOU BRITS!!!!!!!! (might be a tricky call if i've worked it out right and tigers are playing nexus):) :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
jj igotcha said:
and that would be a crying shame for uk ball, i know that the NPPL spot looks doomed but never say never and what with the tigers needing a miracle to stay in the CPL the brits could have Shock as our sole representatives in major league pro paintball next year. surely now is the time for all of us to get off our arses and get down to Campaign and support all the Brit teams the way that the sneaky frogs and portugeezers do across the water. COME ON YOU BRITS!!!!!!!! (might be a tricky call if i've worked it out right and tigers are playing nexus):) :)

When I said, 'and if the Cpl goes the same way, Nexus would be folded in a heartbeat' I didn't mean I thought there was any chance of us getting relegated because we are more than ok in that sense, I meant if the CPL had the rampant cheating going on like it has in the NPPL.

If that happened, then i would just get out because for me, there would be no point in competing, I have had enough of being the only mug in town who says 'no' to designer cheat guns and getting laughed at.
And the tragic irony for me was not only was I being laughed at, some of these same guys who were using these cheating ass markers would then accuse my team of doing the same.
They just couldn't seem to get it into their thick skulls that there might be just one team who wouldn't use them and so they basically just bundled me in with them lot ... I suppose it made them sleep better, I don't really know.
The only thing I know is that it sickened the hell outa me when I heard what some of these guys had been saying about Nexus, there really seemed no point, no point at all in playing fair.

And JJ, it's not so much support we need at events like the CPL (tho that's always encouraging) it's grass roots commitment to training and improvement..that's where the differences are made.
Maybe it's money, maybe it's time and maybe it's even cultural, I don't really think there is a definitive answer but what speaks louder than anything is results and our results in the Millennium as a nation are abysmal.

One thing I found out in this last year with Nexus, and it's a proverb well worth remembering, 'you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink'.

We can bang the drum of commitment to all us Brits a million times, we can even tell teams and players how to get better but unless they actually DO something about it, then we are doomed to poor performances and so in that sense, we are getting exactly what we deserve.

I would love to take UK ball by the scruff of the frikkin neck and shake it from its indifference but I fear it would just roll over and go back to sleep.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Robbo said:
When I said, 'and if the Cpl goes the same way, Nexus would be folded in a heartbeat' I didn't mean I thought there was any chance of us getting relegated because we are more than ok in that sense, I meant if the CPL had the rampant cheating going on like it has in the NPPL.

If that happened, then i would just get out because for me, there would be no point in competing, I have had enough of being the only mug in town who says 'no' to designer cheat guns and getting laughed at.
And the tragic irony for me was not only was I being laughed at, some of these same guys who were using these cheating ass markers would then accuse my team of doing the same.
They just couldn't seem to get it into their thick skulls that there might be just one team who wouldn't use them and so they basically just bundled me in with them lot ... I suppose it made them sleep better, I don't really know.
The only thing I know is that it sickened the hell outa me when I heard what some of these guys had been saying about Nexus, there really seemed no point, no point at all in playing fair.

And JJ, it's not so much support we need at events like the CPL (tho that's always encouraging) it's grass roots commitment to training and improvement..that's where the differences are made.
Maybe it's money, maybe it's time and maybe it's even cultural, I don't really think there is a definitive answer but what speaks louder than anything is results and our results in the Millennium as a nation is abysmal.

One thing I found out in this last year with Nexus, and it's a proverb well worth remembering, 'you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink'.

We can bang the drum of commitment to all us Brits a million times, we can even tell teams and players how to get better but unless they actually DO something about it, then we are doomed to poor performances and so in that sense, we are getting exactly what we deserve.

I would love to take UK ball by the scruff of the frikkin neck and shake it from its indifference but I fear it would just roll over and go back to sleep.
replace 'fear' at the end with 'know' and that post is pretty much the most truthful thing ive read in ages on here...

jj igotcha

Apr 20, 2005
edge of reason
Visit site
understood completely what you meant about gun cheats, and i didn't mean for a minute you were in danger of being relegated this year from the CPL. however i do think you maybe being slightly over cynical with regards to the effort some people put in. i'm a bit long in the tooth to have any pro aspirations, so i play totally for fun but i get down to dartford every now and again and there is always a hardcore group of the same players working at their game. that said (and i'm not arse licking here) the nexus guys seem to spend more time there than anyone else, whether they be doing drills between the 3 or 4 of them there or playing games against the ducks/method uk contingent or the tigers. maybe the other teams training sessions are not so structured but there seems to be a genuine willingness to learn from the other players who are there, daves young M5 team are a good example of this committment as he works them hard not only on the field but also works on their fitness levels etc. maybe the new dawn the back end of last year between the uk's pro teams need to go a step further and encourage a more integrated training regime for the benefit of all the teams. i know you will always have the wannabe pros who worry more about what they look like than there game and thier only motivation is that pro ball is free ball but i honestly think we shouldn't be so quick to write off some of the promising young talent we have in this country.

flame away:)