The Home Of European Paintball

Nexxus out of the NPPL ?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
jj igotcha said:
understood completely what you meant about gun cheats, and i didn't mean for a minute you were in danger of being relegated this year from the CPL. however i do think you maybe being slightly over cynical with regards to the effort some people put in. i'm a bit long in the tooth to have any pro aspirations, so i play totally for fun but i get down to dartford every now and again and there is always a hardcore group of the same players working at their game. that said (and i'm not arse licking here) the nexus guys seem to spend more time there than anyone else, whether they be doing drills between the 3 or 4 of them there or playing games against the ducks/method uk contingent or the tigers. maybe the other teams training sessions are not so structured but there seems to be a genuine willingness to learn from the other players who are there, daves young M5 team are a good example of this committment as he works them hard not only on the field but also works on their fitness levels etc. maybe the new dawn the back end of last year between the uk's pro teams need to go a step further and encourage a more integrated training regime for the benefit of all the teams. i know you will always have the wannabe pros who worry more about what they look like than there game and thier only motivation is that pro ball is free ball but i honestly think we shouldn't be so quick to write off some of the promising young talent we have in this country.

flame away:)
I certainly won't flame anything you have just written and I completely agree with you because it is some of that very same young talent that I will be asking to come play with Nexus next year.
I have already got information on some bright young players scattered across the country and I will be going out to various events (PA (if they let me in), NSPL and so on) to take a look at what's out there.
I think I will also be holding trials (if there is enough interest) like I did the first time where we had something like 150 people turn up.

I never ignored, or wrote off that small band of committed players that are most definitely out there in the UK but I was always referring to a much wider context and the guys we are now talking about are a very small minority.

crazzzy

Oct 18, 2002
close, very close
Visit site
Pete, Im somewhat surprised that your giving up the spot i the NPPL.

Resultwhise it makes sence since your struggling in both formats and need to concentrate on one format only to be able to compete. I understand that is the main reason for leaving. But I don´t really follow the logic in it though, since most american teams, but more important Joy is not struggling at all. Why can´t you do the same as Joy does? Why is it not possible for you guys when they can do it?

Furthermore my understanding has been that you wanted to be in the NPPL because of a possible TV deal and that it was one of the main reasons you stuck with them. This years off season you were even offered a spot in the NXL, one that you never accepted for what I understood was financial reasons. Seeing you leave the NPPL and then becoming an "only European team" surprises me a lot.

Have you given up the believes in a TV deal?
If not, then why do you sell your spot? Would it not be worth keeping it and try to rebuild your squad while letting the Russians play for you just to maintain that spot of yours?

What is your thoughts about selling the spot, you will more than likely never be able to get back in concerning how hard it would be to qualify.

You have always (I think) said that we need to play the yanks to be able to compete. We need to play over there consistently to be able to improve so we can one day become as good as they are. Now your leaving all of that. Why?

Lots of questions but hope you can answer them all. Cheers

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
crazzzy said:
Pete, Im somewhat surprised that your giving up the spot i the NPPL.

Resultwhise it makes sence since your struggling in both formats and need to concentrate on one format only to be able to compete. I understand that is the main reason for leaving. But I don´t really follow the logic in it though, since most american teams, but more important Joy is not struggling at all. Why can´t you do the same as Joy does? Why is it not possible for you guys when they can do it?

Furthermore my understanding has been that you wanted to be in the NPPL because of a possible TV deal and that it was one of the main reasons you stuck with them. This years off season you were even offered a spot in the NXL, one that you never accepted for what I understood was financial reasons. Seeing you leave the NPPL and then becoming an "only European team" surprises me a lot.

Have you given up the believes in a TV deal?
If not, then why do you sell your spot? Would it not be worth keeping it and try to rebuild your squad while letting the Russians play for you just to maintain that spot of yours?

What is your thoughts about selling the spot, you will more than likely never be able to get back in concerning how hard it would be to qualify.

You have always (I think) said that we need to play the yanks to be able to compete. We need to play over there consistently to be able to improve so we can one day become as good as they are. Now your leaving all of that. Why?

Lots of questions but hope you can answer them all. Cheers
Craaazy, look at the rankings mate, the choice of whether to stay in or not is now pretty much outa my hands as the team's performances this year have placed us second from bottom.
Sad but true ...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
mikey601 said:
So isnt that a prime opporunity to do something about it and work your way back up?

Or have i got the wrong end of the stick here...

From the semi pro div next year???
I am afraid that is not a viable proposition by any means Mikey.

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
Robbo said:
From the semi pro div next year???
I am afraid that is not a viable proposition by any means Mikey.

Im not 100% of the structure of it, is it the bottom 2 or 3 thatget dropped down?

even if you did go down, why isnt working your way back up an option? Theres probabley stupid questions, just interested.