Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

paintball on SKY

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Its been said from the start that it isn't meant to be aimed at new people at all, its for those of us already with an interest and aims to cover different elements of the game so that there is something for everyone.
That's cool man, but as a person who's into ball there was literally nothing of interest for me in the entire 2nd episode (apart from the ETV) and not much in the 3rd. It was lacking a real point to it which is a shame.

I've been to a live TV show before and it's last like 3+ hours then is edited to give the viewers what they want from it. It just seems to feel like someone forgot to edit out the noise to give it some focus.

ETV 2 minute spots are great
The new gun review should have a bigger feature and the Ollie tests are brilliant.
Cat**** chronicles I ain't that bothered about but can see the point so that's good.
Ash and Nicky T are good bits.
The casual chat needs focusing, get some stories going, make it special.

I don't get how they can bring up the Vapour, that was designed by a UK baller and no one was prepped to learn something about it? WTF? No discussion at all, pointless, when it could have been great.

Again, I ain't hating on it, just disappointed and really want it to be brilliant!!

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
Its someone that I'm pretty damn interested in at the minute and the last two episodes went down hill in a big way. It's just basically a couple of lads chatting like they do in the pub. Guess what though, there's plenty of pubs round our way for me to do that in.

This is supposed to be entertainment! Paintball is touted at even the most basic customer day as an extreme sport. The only extreme thing here was the extremely boring subjects!

Now I come from a tournament background, but I've done plenty of scenario days and even, stupidly, done a couple of airsoft days. Non of the last two shows really interested me apart from the well shot and edited etv features. I thought the show was gonna be a magazine format like I've seen done with skating, snowboarding etc but it had no fast paced parts and most of the guests where less than motivational.

When you look at all the characters paintball has, how the hell was that scrawny little cat shack dude chosen as the face of American paintball!?! And the Gino interview was sooo boring that they even thought flipping the camera image might spice it up. Well it didn't, and yes we did notice that's what you did.

Anyway by now you probably think I'm a total ass hole and you may be right. Please just liven it up a bit and show some decent paintball footage. Have some planed talking points instead of surprising the guests with a chat about PeeGee's new gun that no one appeared to know anything about?

Come on this is the perfect chance to get UK paintball some more support so make it look exciting and sexy......Even if it probably isn't ;)

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
Yeh the Skype interview was terrible. For starters lets ignore the fact that it was boring.. but come on screen caps software can be downloaded for free. You could set the videos side-by-side and if you really Tims face on there still and then you wouldn't have to keep turning your PC speakers up and down to stop the feedback. As for openly slagging off forums that aren't tied into any of the people on the show, even without mentioning said forums name, I don't feel it was need either.

The two best parts of the show are Olly (even though we know he can't slag off a Tippmann even if he did think it was ****) and ETV..

Reactions: LATHAM and Liam92

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Yeh the Skype interview was terrible. For starters lets ignore the fact that it was boring.. but come on screen caps software can be downloaded for free. You could set the videos side-by-side and if you really Tims face on there still and then you wouldn't have to keep turning your PC speakers up and down to stop the feedback. As for openly slagging off forums that aren't tied into any of the people on the show, even without mentioning said forums name, I don't feel it was need either.

The two best parts of the show are Olly (even though we know he can't slag off a Tippmann even if he did think it was ****) and ETV..
yeah the forum reference just came across as a shindig without actually naming names.

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
Oh right?

What exactly did they say. Think I was almost asleep by then.

I think forums like this are key to the success of paintball. More so than that tv show anyway. When I was looking at getting back into ball, I didn't go channel surfing. I went onto forums and this one just happened to still have the info I wanted on tap.

Now I do think we need to liven this place up a bit, but they definitely need to liven that show up before all of us in paintball land go switching off.....permanently.

Reactions: Dusty