Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Staargate 2008 is go!

dentylad

Apr 24, 2008
From what i've read so far, why is it only the losing side that is complaining of cheats, both sides were well guilty of wiping and as for the transporter being biased toward the blues is utter nonsense. Being on the blue side i can assure you that the reds had us really well pinned down as they occupied most of the area to the righthand side of the transporter making it difficult for us to get into it. From a personal point i didn't care about winning or losing i was there to shoot people and get shot. As for the facilities well there was no excuse for the air by 3.30 i could only get 2800 and then was told that MY gauge was wrong and that it was filling to 3500, dont think we can blame Tim for that as it was sub-contracted to paramina i'm sure that when they were asked if they could supply air all-day to 4500 they said yes. As for the toilets, sh*t happens they were'nt the worst i've used but should've had a few more. Now safety, i believe no-one was hurt due to balls landing in the safe area unfortunately you cant change the law of physics 500 people shooting plastic balls at 290fps a lot with flatlines and apex barrels means some balls are going to go where you dont want them to, people would have complained even more if the safe areas were another half mile away and regardless of the height of the safety netting, what goes up must come down. I personaly dont think that it was that bad, and as for value for money, the big game cost about the same and you didn't get a free t-shirt. The thing thats annoyed me is the people that are slaighting the organisers are saying that this is the first event they've played this year and how dissapointed they were,well way to support paintballing they've certainly contributed to the sport then eh. so cheers guys for a great weekend.

Stencil

pew pew
Sep 8, 2006
Yorkshire.
I was one of the first people into the teleporter area, and i was amazed that ANYBODY on our team actually managed to get in. To get near the teleporter we had to push the blues back over 100 meters using only bushes and very minimal bunkers. Yet, we got their first and took all the points available. Only to get forced to leave the teleporter to allow the Blues to send all their guys in, defeating the point of getting there first.

as for the transporter being biased toward the blues is utter nonsense. Being on the blue side i can assure you that the reds had us really well pinned down as they occupied most of the area to the righthand side of the transporter making it difficult for us to get into it.
Yeah, that's not unfair. That's us playing better on a clear playing field.

modd1uk

Banned
Mar 21, 2006
From what i've read so far, why is it only the losing side that is complaining of cheats, both sides were well guilty of wiping and as for the transporter being biased toward the blues is utter nonsense. Being on the blue side i can assure you that the reds had us really well pinned down as they occupied most of the area to the righthand side of the transporter making it difficult for us to get into it. From a personal point i didn't care about winning or losing i was there to shoot people and get shot. As for the facilities well there was no excuse for the air by 3.30 i could only get 2800 and then was told that MY gauge was wrong and that it was filling to 3500, dont think we can blame Tim for that as it was sub-contracted to paramina i'm sure that when they were asked if they could supply air all-day to 4500 they said yes. As for the toilets, sh*t happens they were'nt the worst i've used but should've had a few more. Now safety, i believe no-one was hurt due to balls landing in the safe area unfortunately you cant change the law of physics 500 people shooting plastic balls at 290fps a lot with flatlines and apex barrels means some balls are going to go where you dont want them to, people would have complained even more if the safe areas were another half mile away and regardless of the height of the safety netting, what goes up must come down. I personaly dont think that it was that bad, and as for value for money, the big game cost about the same and you didn't get a free t-shirt. The thing thats annoyed me is the people that are slaighting the organisers are saying that this is the first event they've played this year and how dissapointed they were,well way to support paintballing they've certainly contributed to the sport then eh. so cheers guys for a great weekend.
I could pull that post to pieces.

So just because nobody got hurt it means that the safety was ok ? and that whole not biased thing..and about how its only the losing side thats complaining ? Utter bull, did i say what team i was on ? and i still passed my judgement......

G

Gassy

The thing thats annoyed me is the people that are slaighting the organisers are saying that this is the first event they've played this year and how dissapointed they were,well way to support paintballing they've certainly contributed to the sport then eh. so cheers guys for a great weekend.
Yep your right It was the 1st event I have played this year as it was the 1st event I have been able to play due to an ongoing injury so I was really looking forward to it and after good experiances playing previous staargates i had good reason to.Does that mean i cannot make my feelings known,do i have to have gone to 3,5,7 or 100 events this year for that privelage.
To answer your other point I also contribute nothing to paintball apart from moderating on 4 paintball forums,helping with new players in a successful woodsball/supair hybrid team,mend random walkon players markers/equipment and generally give alot of my time to the sport/game whichever your viewpoint is.

big hairy dog

Jan 26, 2007
cardboard box under M6
The safety was a concern bottles being checked and all

cost me nearly £200 for the weekend and while hotels,beer,food and paint i feel £52 with 3500ish fills was a bit steep

could understand if as with the N v S big game big venue to pay for and all the fancy trapping of the players party but a pa in the staging area was poor to say the least.

had a good day though just way more expensive than it was worth !

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com

Denty, if you are gonna quote 'laws of physics' then please do us all the courtesy of at least getting your facts right, i think the major safety issue concerns were centered around the air systems not being checked and maybe markers not being chronoed ....
If you wanna quote of laws of physics then please allow me to bring to your attention to the science of materials ... if you shoot paintballs at goggles with enough momentum (speed) then you will break them ......end of !!
Wanna debate that?
As for your last comment re players complaining and accusing them of 'not helping' our sport, that's a pretty stupid assertion if ever I heard one.

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
just to pull up a few points,there were less toilets this year by 3,one of which was for ladies only, how do i know, i was 1 of the poor sods that had to move them after 500 asses had been on fact:eek:the air suplie enough said,why do you think h-pac are always used:rolleyes:the transporter was no more unbiased than the staargate as you have said it was, they were parallel to each other on the site all you did was move the main feature 100ft north of the staargate which actually made it easier to get to for the top safe area as it was at the side of the main track through the site so the terrain to get to it was a graveled path .marshalling numbers 26 this year, last year 35+ so down by at least 10,so yes this would be considerably less than last year ,ok you were let down by people and yes site knowledge is a great help, point taken but all you had to do was ask as i,m sure some of the site marshalls would have helped out even the ones that were playing.as for bragging about shooting the marshalls it was a joke,how do i know it was me that said it the only 1 i did shoot was the one that popped up from a baracade right in the middle of a fire fight.saturday night the wrecking of the tables was not exceptable and the culprits apologised and made some of it right with repairs,as for you yourself stopping the incedent i do believe it was tracy the site manager that did this,how do i know this i was there.how do i have the knowledge to say these thing i have helped to get the site ready for the past three years including this and i work at the site so i know it like the back of my hand.these are my views and not anybody elses connected to powerplay,i put this up as a paying customer not as a powerplay employee

Kenny

I Play Paintball!
Aug 10, 2006
Dentylad your post is absolute rubbish. I dont want this to burst in to a slagging match but posts like that.. well... theres a reason why 3,4,5 posts disagree with you.

As for timboy or whoever wrote the main post in response to everyones gripes with the line on shooting Marshalls I dont actually think they mean you biscuit my friend..

I posted something along the lines of "I emptied a whole hopper on a marshall as Im rubbish with ramp mode"

I posted this on Talkpaintball.co.uk the forum that has most of my team and friends on there. The reason I posted this was becasue at Staargate Andy (A team mate) took his red player shirt off and ran to put a fire out.. as he ran back I shot at him as I thought he was just some player.. then he got to my bunker and we laughed that I shot at him by mistake.. so it was an in house joke.. maybe I shouldnt have put it on the forum and should have put it under the team thread but we laughed at each other when I realised I was shooting him.. who one wanted to help.

It wasnt the aggressive, negative action Timboy whoever claimed. Again, another 'modified' view of the day.

Twisted-Dragon

Take the shot....
Apr 29, 2008
Alford
Hi everyone,

I just thought i'd get my bit in, I went to this event with some friends, non of us had ever been to a scenario before, so we weren't quite sure what to expect, but to say that this was the first time that i'd ever been to a scenario I thought it was pretty good, I have to say I really enjoyed it, the only thing that I didn't enjoy (other than the smell from the toliets) was everytime I got shot it was a long walk back up the hill lol.

Everyone I came across on the battlefield was friendly enough, I remember about after an hour of game time, I was walking back into the action with a friend and there was word of reds in Blue terriortory, so we went to investergate, we heard voices coming from a bush then saw a red head pop up, we dived to the floor then jumped back up and both us and them ended up shooting each other, from pretty close range were talking 2 or 3 meters, but we all accepted that we'd been shot and congradulated each other on getting shot.

As for the final battle I thought that went really well, now I am Aware that the postioning of the entrance to the teleporter wasn't the best I think that the position of the entire teleporter itself was located in a suitable place for both teams, I found it very hard as i'm sure most of the blue team did to get across the opening while the reds were firing from the right, but we manage to take control of the teleporter, I went through it, then when I went back to get gassed up and load up hopper and pot's I walked back to the fighting and the reds had it again!

I'm sure if the reds were at such a disadvantage that we would have dominated that from start to finish, but at the end of the day I wasn't on the red team so I don't completely know the whole story. This is just the point of view of someone that went to staargate to enjoy a 6hr paintball battle, and enjoy it I did.

And I will be attending it next year, if it happens, and I hope to see you all again, on the battlefield, friend of fow.

dentylad

Apr 24, 2008
if people were firing hot markers then that is down to their stupidity as is if their bottles are out of test its beyond me why people would chance it, the event cost me well in excess of £400 to risk it all for the sake of a dodgy bottle is daft. You cant blame the organisers for people cheating and paramina will have to justify themselves. As for the debate about "laws of physics", i fully aggree,wasn't trying to say anything else. I am also airing my thoughts,however blame cant just be on Tim and Lee, there were over 500 people involved with the game also, each person played a part in the event. And a lot of credit has to go to the guys for running it. Its not an easy job to organise such a large event. And just to clear up the toilet issue, idustry standards say that 1 porta loo is for the use of 10 men based on 40 hours and i roughly calculated that there should have been no less than 18 toilets available for the whole event.