Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Staargate 2008 is go!

modd1uk

Banned
Mar 21, 2006
ANdy- Cant beleive yous tole my post!!!!! :rolleyes::)
;), its true tho. The whole " oh look you have less than 10 posts " thing on ukscenario. Im loving how they are saying its only the losing team thats complaining...so the 200+ blue players have no concern for safety and hygene ? (cant spell )

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
well that was constructive wasn't it. It seems to me that on here if you dont follow the same train of thought than one or two people then you get insulted.
It is one of the more tragic features of modern life that some stupid people are unable to grasp their own lack of intelligence, I fully realise it's a bit of a Catch 22 in the sense you have to possess a modicum of intelligence to understand anything, even if its your own stupidity, but dentylad seems to be a shining example of just how frugal his stem cells have been when it came to allotting a sufficient number of brain cells into his cranium as he 'matured'.

Still, hopefully, one of his pals can inform him of his problem and steer him away from making himself look even sillier ...even if that were possible :rolleyes:

Funky Diver

Jul 7, 2007
www.funkydiver.com
no no no, thats ukscenario forum..
If you have an issue with someone's behaviour on UKS, please do use the report post feature. If you would rather do it directly... my username over there is the same as here - Funky Diver - and I will personally look into any aggrievances you may have with UKS.

As far as I'm concerned (and I haven't had a lot of time on the forums over the last couple of days due to personal circumstances) we should all be able to express our opinions in an open manner... especially where it lacks... consideration (best word I could think of)

We're also all entitled to our opinions, Tim / Lee have fronted up, apologised where necessary, taken the criticism directed AT them and accepted that there were issues that they will no doubt ensure don't happen next time. Beyond that I'm not sure what some of you would like them to do? I'm pretty sure that pitch-fork-lynching was outlawed in 1984 though...

I'm not sticking up for them, but I do accept what they have said, and am in the same position as you to be able to make my choice as to whether Staargate is appearing in my calendar next year.

I am also in no way admonishing the old Tournie vs Scenario debate / slagging... as far as I'm concerned... we play paintball and choose our style of play. They are both perfectly valid forms of the sport, so let's move forward and learn from other folks downfalls shall we?

Peace

woodyudet

Kent Rangers
Apr 22, 2006
Kent
www.kentvolunteers.co.uk
;), its true tho. The whole " oh look you have less than 10 posts " thing on ukscenario. Im loving how they are saying its only the losing team thats complaining...so the 200+ blue players have no concern for safety and hygene ? (cant spell )
that's unfair; a lot of the blue players were concerned about the air safety issue and have posted to that effect on various forums including ukscenario. On that particular forum its worth noting that about 45% of the posts are from players who were down the far end playing red. Some of their comments mirror those of players who played down the far end in the last 2 years [I was one of them in 2006/7]

Players should ensure their bottles are safe and in test; organisers &/ air suppliers should verify this is the case at games. Just because you're wearing a blue t-shirt for the day doesn't mean you don't give a t0ss...

The toilet's were less than nice at the blue end.

I enjoyed myself more than last year though and thought it was fun. Like most games there are areas for improvement and hopefully we'll see this at other games in the future whether 'staargate' or other.

The donation of the air fee to Help for Heroes is an excellent call; its a very good charity.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I don't think anybody's calling for a lynching here, metaphorical or otherwise, but events such as these tend to leave a bitter taste in the mouth ..especially when hard earned cash was handed over with a certain degree of expectation that was not lived up to ...for some at least.

I think Tim and Lee's biggest crime seems to be one of naivety inasmuch as they didn't research what they were doing.

They had an 'idea' of what it takes to put on such an event but as a wise man once said, 'the devil is in the detail' and when those details include considerations such as safety, hygiene and value for money, you can expect a fair amount of people to be pis$ed off if you don't get it right.

The posts in this thread seem to reflect that quite well.
It is true of course, as Funky Driver suggests, the two promoters can learn from these mistakes and he also rightly reminds us all, they did in fact apologise, which of course is a pre-requisite and goes some way to appeasing the dissatisfied.

The fact remains, these shortfalls should not have happened bearing in mind the issues mentioned and the money charged.

Still, there seems little point in continuance and everybody has learned something here; if you choose to give them another chance, I am pretty sure they won't be making the same mistakes again.

As for petty grievances between scenario and tourney ?
Oh my, it smacks of the school-ground and should be beneath any of us and so hopefully we have seen the last of that eruption.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
I also couldnt find any access to drinking water (if there was then I apologise now) except to go buy bottles from the vendors at £1.50 a chuck, which on hot days isnt on as far as Im concerned, I dont mind supporting the vendors for food and drink which I did but access to drinking water / water for washing / cleaning teeth etc for the camp site would have been good.
I imagine that wakey is like a lot of sites and has no water mains. There is a tap near the entrance from the road, but i suspect is more to do with the farmland than the site, wether or not the water is drinkable is unknown but we went through about 40 litres of it on saturday afternoon.

There's been a couple of posts saying it's down to the players to check wether or not their bottle is in date and safe, unfortunatly there's lots of players out there who don't have a clue so it's got to be down to the site/event organisers to make sure.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Eeeeeekkkkkk!!!!!!

Hmmmmm, I have just had some interesting phone calls to say the least, well here goes: I get a phone call from a pretty well known person within paintball who is also a mate of mine, I will withhold his name because it serves no real purpose in this discussion to reveal it and I'm not really sure he was fully aware of what he was getting into anyway.

The gist of his phone call to me was to help someone out ........an associate of his....not mine I hasten to add, his.
I don't know this person he wants helping out and have never heard of him.
Anyways, apparently this person who needs help is the guy responsible for the air supply at the recent Staargate event, his name is Jim 'something or other'.

The help he wanted was a bit vague mainly because I was getting it second hand but the gist was, this Jim guy had felt mightily aggrieved at a lot of the things being said in this thread about him personally and the services he offered at the recent event.
As to what help was needed, I can only imagine, he wanted me to close or delete the thread.

To try and make sure of what I was hearing, the initial caller suggested I call this Jim directly to see what he wanted me to do.
Now i don't know this buffoon from anywhere so why I am even bothering to call is beyond me, but hey, I did anyway ......

Within a minute or so, it was obvious to me at least, he wanted the thread gone believing it to be an unwarranted attack on his services at Staargate,
he backed this up by informing me, no other paintball website had such attacks and on that basis I should disbelieve all you guys who have posted here....well, I think you guys know me a little better than that and that ain't gonna happen.
I know full well what ballers are like when something like this happens and exaggeration and emotion are liable creep into posts being made but I have been in paintball long enough to sift through the crap and work out what's really going on.

Secondly, he followed up by saying most of you who posted are lying and fabricating events to make him look bad...as to why you would do that is beyond me but obviously not beyond him.

Basically, none of what you guys said happened, did happen, this guy is squeaky clean and I, as forum owner should do what's right and defend him or delete it all.

As soon as he realized I wasn't gonna go down that road he asked if I could write something for him ....WTF he wanted me to write when i wasn't even there is once again beyond me but I persevered with the call.
Eventually he said he would get someone else to go on our site and defend his name.
I advised him he should do it himself like Tim and Lee have done otherwise it looks cowardly and will attract further attacks if he hasn't got the balls to come on here and rebut any claims he thought false, for himself.

He didn't like that idea believing any defense should not be done by him or any member of his staff.
I can only deduce one reason for him taking that path and it don't need no rocket scientist to work out :rolleyes:

In the end, he inferred I was being irresponsible by allowing such libel on my site and I was the one in the wrong ..you can imagine which way the phone call went then ........

As an aside, half way through the call he informed me he was in a position to sue some of the people who had made such libelous claims and when i told him, 'I don't give a fcuk, sue them, you'll get nowhere' he replied by telling me, he had no problem going down that road ...that made me laugh the loudest i think, this guy has no clue about the law, paintball, free speech, free opinion and the right to voice them..and has the cheek to threaten my members with a law suit that would hold as much water as bucket with no bottom.

What started off as a nice day for me was spoilt by another example of what's wrong in our sport :rolleyes:

O

ollytheosteo

Sorry to hear this fellow took the gloss off your day Pete, but just to remove any ambiguity I'll be happy to stick my neck out with the following facts that are not exaggeration or hyperbole and have no personal or professional bias behind them;

1) I never had any of the three bottles I and my friends were using checked for date, condition or even psi rating at any point over the weekend, nor did anyone else I asked. There were no measures whatsoever in place to stop me filling an out of test or damaged bottle, nor to stop me putting a 4500psi fill in a 3000psi bottle, bar the cable tie that I was given at registration to denote a 4500 fill that I could have attached to any bottle I chose.

2) The 'supervision' players were charged extra for consisted of a teenager who looked well under 16 standing next to the fill rig, but he never checked any of the above details and his presence seemed pretty superfluous.

3) After an initial fill of around 4200psi I never received a fill that read over 3800psi on my bottle gauge all day.

4) On of my bottles was hissing slightly from the nipple/collet connection during filling and the young man 'in charge' advised me I could try filing it down to fit, and I spoke to others on the day who had been given the same 'advice'.

The above statements are entirely accurate, and I would be happy to repeat them in court under oath if so asked. The mystery man who contacted you is, I'm afraid, lying through his teeth if he says that any personal or professional bias led to the statements seen earlier in the thread about the above factors, which instead are an accurate reflection of the quality of air service provided at the 2008 Staargate event. There is no libel, this is simply an attempt to cover up poor and unsafe air provision with the legal threats and bluster so beloved of paintball service providers that have been caught out supplying a sub-standard and in this case extremely unsafe service. If our mystery guest wishes to answer these criticisms he is welcome to post on this thread, but I will not enter into anonymous conversations via PM etc as other customers who deserve answers will no doubt take an interest. If legal action is truly being contemplated as a result of my comments above then I am forced to say sue and be damned.