Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Staargate 2008 is go!

newboy

Down but not out.
Feb 15, 2006
Hereford
Visit site
And a lot of credit has to go to the guys for running it. Its not an easy job to organise such a large event.

Iam sorry but why should they get credit?If they had done this event for free out of the goodness of their hearts then maybe that statement would hold some water.People payed good money for this event,so please explain why credit has to go to the organisers after such a huge **** up?Its like saying," I went to the Supermarket but they had no milk/bread/cheese ,alcohol etc but its ok,credit must go to them as it must be really difficult to organise ordering so much stock. "
Your statement also attemps to lead us into thinking that problems occured due to their lack of experience in running an event of this size.Now,if we take the number out toilets per number of players as an example we will get this conclusion.

A) The event was hosted by a couple of really nice guys but they lack a little common sence and thought that 5 non water flush toilets would be enough to cope with 500 players over a 48 hour period

Or

B) The event was hosted by a couple of lads who knew they would make more profit if they cut costs and provided way below a sensible about of toilet facilities for an event of this size.

Kenny

I Play Paintball!
Aug 10, 2006
Iam sorry but why should they get credit?If they had done this event for free out of the goodness of their hearts then maybe that statement would hold some water.People payed good money for this event,so please explain why credit has to go to the organisers after such a huge **** up?Its like saying," I went to the Supermarket but they had no milk/bread/cheese ,alcohol etc but its ok,credit must go to them as it must be really difficult to organise ordering so much stock. "
Could'nt agree more. :mad:

lucifer8

MBA Team Captain
Jul 14, 2003
Northwest Uk
www.mbassassins.co.uk
I totally agree with the posts about the Fill rigs, we had a boy who looked about 14 supervising ours *some* of the time, other times the rig was un attended. As mentioned no checks where done.

They also decided to park the 4x4 directly outside the exit for the safe zone which also created trip hazards such as the wood left sticking out which had been shoved under the 4x4.

Some of the fill whips leaked and the guy running it he said oh its ok ill just tighten it with the spanner, which he tried to do and the hose blew off the fill nipple.... (yes it was attached and turned on when he went to tighten it).

The toilets looked like something you would find in a concentration camp by the saturday afternoon and the smell on Sunday was absolutely terrible.

I also couldnt find any access to drinking water (if there was then I apologise now) except to go buy bottles from the vendors at £1.50 a chuck, which on hot days isnt on as far as Im concerned, I dont mind supporting the vendors for food and drink which I did but access to drinking water / water for washing / cleaning teeth etc for the camp site would have been good.

The transporter enterance was an easy shot for the blues, the sheer placement meant that they could spawn, move forward and have total free range over the enterance to the teleport.

There was also a white van and trailer parked in the middle of the field which was being used as cover by serveral players shooting accross the track.

I enjoyed the weekend, not because of the organisation but because of the people I met and the laugh we had on the saturday.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
After reading dentylad's posts, I have come to an inevitable but regrettable conclusion; And I certainly do not mean to disrespect him in any way ...but he's a dick ...an absolute frikkin' full-blown, unadulterated dick .... and represents exactly what this sport doesn't need !

modd1uk

Banned
Mar 21, 2006
After reading dentylad's posts, I have come to an inevitable but regrettable conclusion; And I certainly do not mean to disrespect him in any way ...but he's a dick ...an absolute frikkin' full-blown, unadulterated dick .... and represents exactly what this sport doesn't need !
LOLOL robbo dude, that post made me cry with laughter. Excellent work !:D:D:D

dentylad

Apr 24, 2008
well that was constructive wasn't it. It seems to me that on here if you dont follow the same train of thought than one or two people then you get insulted.