Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Barrel Problems

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Antoine Couturier, May 4, 2018.

1. Antoine Couturier Member

Antoine Couturier
    Message Count:
    Hey Guys,
    I've been having problems with my tippmann A5 barrel. bought it ages ago and haven't used it in the last 3 or 4 years since buying my etha.
    ...i know, slow progression, I've not had much time or money for anything more high-tech.. it's just a little hobby I enjoy taking part in from time to time.
    The paintballs never seem to shoot straight and I seem to remember it being a whole lot more accurate. I constantly squeegie the barrel and keep it nice and clean but i only seem to be more or less accurate from close range.
    The Etha barrel isn't that much better either..
    Should I be looking to buy a new barrel? And are there barrels that would fit both tippmann and eclipse marker to save some dolla.
    Thanks!

2. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    The A5 has a tippmann thread and the Etha has cocker thread
    To use the same barrel you would either need a cocker adaptor for the A5 or a two piece barrel set with different backs in each thread

If money is short then it will be cheaper to buy different barrels of a couple of sizes then a barrel set with different sizes and threads

Look down the barrel and check it looks smooth but I’m going to guess that it’s bore size and probably paint being smaller these days

3. Hansel So Hot Right Now.

Hansel
    Message Count:
    Easy fix!

Buy an A5 to Autococker adaptor from Just Paintball, only £9.95: - https://www.justpaintball.co.uk/a5-to-ac-barrel-adaptor.html

Then buy either an Autococker threaded Freak kit or an Eclipse FR kit. These consist of a 2 piece barrel with a rear section that takes different sized inserts so you can match the insert to the size of the paint you are shooting.

The majority of paintball markers take Autococker threaded barrels, including your Etha.

https://www.justpaintball.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=freak+kit

https://www.justpaintball.co.uk/shaft-fr-freak-system.html

Looks like Tom just beat me to it!

4. Bolter Administrator

Bolter
    Message Count:
    2 main things that affect accuracy are

1) you (i.e practice)
    2) paint quality.

If both barrels are doing the same, I would guess that the paint is not great quality, or has been stored incorrectly or something like that.

5. Care_Bears Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK

Care_Bears
    Message Count:
    Assuming your Using Air Not Co2

6. MarkC82 Member

MarkC82
    Message Count:
    Had similar prob with my old a5 used to shoot all over the place lol I got a decent slightly longer rifled raptor barrel from Rap4 uk sorted it right out deadly from then on :rolleyes: