Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bought an SP-1

MrWizard2U

Mutated to Perfection
Mar 21, 2009
wizzard.bravehost.com
Yea really? The package deal with a stock, 16" tactical barrel and a bi-pod.

Didn't think I would go for a milsim but read up on it and it seemed like a good woodsball choice. Played with it last Sunday in a building :rolleyes:. An old psycho hospital.

Went through a 1000 balls and never broke one. Rate of fire is more then good enough just got to remember to turn on the hopper so I don't get shot firing air at players :(. No recoil, well balanced and stable even on full auto. Cleaning is a breeze with the only worry loosing one of the several provided keys.

Really the only thing that bugs me is the barrel. Around here (Poland) only small balls available. They roll freely through this barrel. Longer distance grouping isn't all that great. Not bad but not great either. Think I'll play a couple more times and then probably go for the freak with a couple of the smaller inserts for the time being.

The whole marker with the stock and the 16" barrel was also a bit too long for building play but should be quite nice for woods. Registered for the coming Saturday in a big event in Warsaw. 600 players in a woods scenario game. That should be fun with paint flowing freely.

SP1 + L7 bolt + Virtue board + 4500 psi 1.1 bottle + Dye Rotor

You'll be sweet for all your rec-balling. Solid marker with no eyes to go wrong, rapid rate of fire with a good hopper, the standard short barrel is a large caliber but you'll get very few breaks even with not so good paint. Just keep some small nuts and bolts handy as you will end up losing them from the neck clamp and it's not cool to lose your hopper.

Happy paintballing :D

Thanks for the advice. Already got the VLocity Junior and works quite well. At first when I turned it on I thought it was quite loud but completely forgot about as soon as I started playing.

Got the recomended bottle.

What benefit do I get from the L7 bolt?

What benefit do I get from the Virtue board?

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
L7 bolt:
i have one, its lighter, which means it need less air to move it, so basicly its more efficint on air.

virtue board:
comes with all the speel ball fireing modes and full auto. i, assumin you have a US board otherwise u wouldnt have tested it on full auto.

id say the bolt could be a good investment, but the board in unecesary.

MrWizard2U

Mutated to Perfection
Mar 21, 2009
wizzard.bravehost.com
Been at it again at the Wesola Strike in Warsaw. Played with the Tutsi army. Man what chaos with 600 people spraying paint all over the place.

What bugged me and generaly does is the fact that even though I invested in 68/4500 bottle I have not been able to fill it once over 3000. The day in Wesola ended up with filling up just over 2000. Seems the bolt might be a good investment if things continue the same way.

The one thing I am exceptionaly happy about with my SP-1 is that it doesnt chop paint. So far I put 3000 bals throught it without a single ball break. Is there any danger of this changing with the L7 bolt?

I have no idea why I would want or need it but is it true that, besides all the options, an upgraded board will give higher bps? Like with the blackhart board I am supposed to be able to fire at 20 bps instead of the 11 bps that the marker does now.

SJS

Karma Monkey Spunk?
Dec 7, 2008
North East, Sunderland

MrWizard2U

Mutated to Perfection
Mar 21, 2009
wizzard.bravehost.com
Dont need more modes or more bps. Also dont want to end up getting ball breaks. Would though like to improve air efficiency.

From what you mention the Blackhart upgrade kit might tempt me to fidle with the dwell to get efficiency but get ball breaks. Are eyes supposed to compensate for this?

What about the "Firebolt" on the same page? Is that the same as the L7 mentioned by the guys above?

ALIHISGREAT

Jan 7, 2009
Dont need more modes or more bps. Also dont want to end up getting ball breaks. Would though like to improve air efficiency.

From what you mention the Blackhart upgrade kit might tempt me to fidle with the dwell to get efficiency but get ball breaks. Are eyes supposed to compensate for this?

What about the "Firebolt" on the same page? Is that the same as the L7 mentioned by the guys above?
The dwell is the amount of time the solenoid valve is open, so it therefore affects air usage if its not tuned properly.

(to tune dwell you turn it all the way down, dry fire the marker and the bolt won't cycle properly, so you turn the dwell up until the bolt can cycle properly then you turn it up a little more (something like 6ms but don't quote me on that) to ensure consistency.

so the dwell doesn't really affect chops and breaks.

The QEV causes the gun to cycle faster an also saves on air so the faster cycle of the bolt will cause more energy to be transferred to the ball when the bolt hits is, potentially causing breaks (but not chops, barrel breaks would be more likely)

Now the TechT L7 bolt is a lighter bolt, so that means less mass hitting the ball so less breaks and it also increases the cycle rate. (think of the L7 bolt as the stock bolt, but only the front portion moves foreward to hit the ball - the firebolt is merely a slightly improved stock bolt and isn't as good as the TechT L7)

however with a lighter bolt, it will travel faster anyway so the QEV might not be needed, in the case of the deadlywind hollow point bolt, its recommended you don't use a QEV with it as it causes the bolt to move too fast as it is so light and this can cause chops.

and finally, eyes are designed to ensure that a ball is properly seated in the breach so the gun doesn't fire prematurely and chop a ball in half as it is still half way in the feedneck.

But i think we are worrying too much about these things, they are all if and buts really.

Basically...

i would start with a bolt as it will be a good solid upgrade, allowing a lower operating pressure and reducing chops.

if you don't need the extra ROF, you don't need the board, you don't need the eyes and you don't need a QEV.

MrWizard2U

Mutated to Perfection
Mar 21, 2009
wizzard.bravehost.com
thanks guys, all in all a lot of good advice which if nothing else gives me a better understanding of my marker and how it functions. On top of that I am seriously considering the L7.

After a bit of thought and research I decided I am getting the L7.