Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

EGO 05 not shooting right.

campbell08

Nov 2, 2008
10 Minutes from guildford
Right was playing on sunday and at the end of the day my Ego 05 started to not shoot properly let say if i walked the trigger and pulled the trigger 5 times it would only shoot 2. Im not really sure how to fix this problem I was thinking that i may of worn the microswitch? But thats just a guess really, im not a technical person :D

If anyone could tell me how/what to fix.

Thanks campbell :eek:

Its not shooting right?
Shoot left then :eek:

The ego 5 doesnt have a microswitch as standard. It has one of those awful opto sensors.
Sounds to me like your trigger is adjusted too short so its not triggering the sensor every time.

Increase your triggers front and back travel and see if the problem remains.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
As above, but if you got shot in the trigger paint can ingress into the grips and block the opto switch. Take off the grips and gently clean the switch eyes with a moist ear bud. While you're doing that, check to make sure the trigger doesn't constantly block the switch, and that when you pull the trigger it does. If all the above fails, change the battery. It's always the battery :rolleyes:

evoG9

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2009
As already said...make sure you have changed the battery first. I had a similar problem with my marker (although it's not a EGO) and it just needed a fresh battery!

PointyElf

Feb 6, 2009
Letchworth
Ah, i have the exact same issue with my 05, i walk the trigger and nothing happens then give it a second i pull the trigger like 4 times and it shoots 1s.

At first i did all the obvious things.
New Battery <--( i hate them)
Cleaned the eyes which did have a bit of paint on although cleaning them made no differance.
I ajusted the trigger, tried it loose aswell as tight and in the middle and no luck.
I reset settings back to default (tadou LED newer version)
Cleaned around the board,

Sometimes when i turn on shes lovely to me and shoots for about 5 seconds. ( at about 11 bps ) But then goes and has a fit and doesn't.

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
May be time to sell my 05 and move onto a new model still not shooting right :(
No,stick with it...do all the obvious things as stated previously.
Change the battery not once but a couple of times,from different batches if you buy them in bulk,if the problem still persists turn the eyes off.
If those 2 obvious ones don't sort it then it needs further investigation.
Is the bottle connected suffciently?Does the solenoid click everytime you depresss the trigger?
Was it firing ok previously?if not when was the last time it was working ok?Have you made any adjustments,even slight?
As Carl says we will be at the NSPL and most players would be more than happy to help you out.
Campbell you're only up the road from me..ish..are you mobile?

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
Ah, i have the exact same issue with my 05, i walk the trigger and nothing happens then give it a second i pull the trigger like 4 times and it shoots 1s.

At first i did all the obvious things.
New Battery <--( i hate them)
Cleaned the eyes which did have a bit of paint on although cleaning them made no differance.
I ajusted the trigger, tried it loose aswell as tight and in the middle and no luck.
I reset settings back to default (tadou LED newer version)
Cleaned around the board,

Sometimes when i turn on shes lovely to me and shoots for about 5 seconds. ( at about 11 bps ) But then goes and has a fit and doesn't.
Try with the eyes off,no air or paint required...