Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Just got an Ion, did I do the right thing!!!

ddr400

TEAM SPS
Aug 29, 2007
Watford
www.sps-paintball.co.uk
Hi all,

New to this, was messing around with a JT Tac-5 Racon that i picked up in the states cheap. Have always loved paintballing and now I have a bit more time to take it more seriously.

I went out and got an Ion, an Evo 3 (egg) hopper and a dxs 68ci 4500psi Nitrogen Tank to start my self off.

I had been looking at the ICD Promaster as a marker cos i found it on a site that was selling them for £99 (£250 off) and it looked good and had great reviews saying it pissed on the ION.

The guy in the shop said it was cheap as they are running them out. he said the parts are already hard to get in the UK let alone when they stop making bits for them. Also i was better off with an IOn as there are loads of spares and upgrades and more people use them.

Im now concerned that i might have done the wrong thing, so I thought I would ask you guys your opinions with your experiance. :eek:

Look forward to hearing from you all and getting to know you!

Rob

RailDemon

Jan 11, 2007
Coventry
In my oppinion an Ion is a great gun to start off with, u can buy hundreds off upgrades for them and most sites sell the parts..The kit u've got should do u great to start off with but it just depends wether ur going into woodsball or sup-air?

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
ions are great little gats.

there have been a few that have had "quirks" but generally fixed easily enough. mine was pretty well abused, uncleaned and uncared for as a back up, but still played the game without complaints.

the only thing i'd say, i buy a q-lock (or similar) feedneck ASAP.

you can spend loads on upgrades, but by far the best i'd say i've seen, is the full epiphany internal upgrade kit - £100 well spent.