Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Just got an Ion, did I do the right thing!!!

shogun666

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2005
norwich
ion

used an ion at cc no probs at all, shot loads over the 2 days had one break!
ran at 290fps over the crono, never went over,
15 bps is all you need in a tourny
has ramping as standard, what more could you want from a 100 pound gun,
ide say you did right,
cheap and simple is what you want when starting out,
theres more to go wrong with high end markers,

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
used an ion at cc no probs at all, shot loads over the 2 days had one break!
ran at 290fps over the crono, never went over,
15 bps is all you need in a tourny
has ramping as standard, what more could you want from a 100 pound gun,
ide say you did right,
cheap and simple is what you want when starting out,
theres more to go wrong with high end markers,
i agree with all of that except for the less to go wrong, ram driven popits(egos or my old alien for example) are so reliable and simple there is little to go wrong on the

dirtydan25

DirtyDan25
Sep 9, 2007
nottinghamshire
ive just started and i got a ion , wish i didnt as today did trainin and it was hard work as the other lads had much better but i still licked a couple up and i was happy so to be honest it is a good starter gun .
just get a good trigger and a good air flow system and a 14 inch barrel go to warped.com
danny :eek:

CAMDENELECTRIC

KU Nemesis
Jun 4, 2007
Newcastle Under-Lyme
I started with an Ion and upgraded most of it. It shot well when it worked but tbh it always broke. Mainly only minor issues and nothing that i couldnt fix but I got fed up so I sold it and bought a Shocker off of here.
Ions are good starter guns but i wouldnt keep it for too long due to the number of minor issues. The one thing i would say is watch all the threads; Banjos, feedneck and gripframe e.t.c because the metal is quite soft and easy to strip.

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
ive just started and i got a ion , wish i didnt as today did trainin and it was hard work as the other lads had much better but i still licked a couple up and i was happy so to be honest it is a good starter gun .
just get a good trigger and a good air flow system and a 14 inch barrel go to warped.com
danny :eek:
Although other more expensive guns may have more bling, and in fairness may be more efficient, be easy to strip, have better build quality, be able to be fired faster possibly becos of easier to walk the trigger etc etc etc, however if your Ion was working properly, then on the field it's down to the player not the marker.

Ion's arent bad markers for the price. They are good to get you going in the sport.

Remember the man makes the marker. Not the other way round!!