Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball Returning To TV?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
This is all very well, but the problem is TV is a product, and for it to work, it needs to make money. The only people who are going to watch it are paintballers and a few late night stoners.

The only people interested in paintball on TV is us and there arent many of us.

Edit: I would watch it! Dont get me wrong, but then again I can look at a game playing and i can understand whats going on. Joe Public wouldnt necessarily know whats what.

Reactions: outkastmike

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
What is it about TV making people go all starry-eyed and gooey?
Is it because players feel it finally validates their chosen sport in some way?
What's going on please guys???

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
or is it the "football" dream Pete? The getting paid £X of thousands etc to play a game!

ok Paintball is not suitable for tv in the whole, but its surprisingly "common" in appearing on tv though, from adverts to snippets like gypsy weddings.

ok thats more the woodland/punter ball side but its still paintball and it still a way of getting the game in public eye, I think we have to accept it is what it is.

foster90

No Sacrifice, No Victory
Jun 3, 2008
Manchester
I recon it's because paintballers when there not playing are watching tv therefore put them both together, 2 past times in 1, then mega boner jam :)

Soul Doubt

Bhood!
Jul 7, 2009
South Wales
What is it about TV making people go all starry-eyed and gooey?
Is it because players feel it finally validates their chosen sport in some way?
What's going on please guys???
If we are honest then yes that does have an element to it, the chance for thousands of people to watch you play the sport you love would be amazing. There are other factors from what i can see also, one of them is exposing our sport to the world. at the moment we are a small sub-culture, in a sea of sub-cultures. Places like TV which are embedded in the mainstream can lift us out of that sea. the basic factors are, everyone thinks paintball is running around in the woods, and that it is hard for people to find this sub-culture of ours which means development is slower. TV can help in both those aspects , allowing our own identity to be established and recruit new players to our sport.

If people can sit there and watch cricket or golf im sure paintball will keep them entertained.

When was paintball last on TV? (an i mean as a sport, not a feature on a programme) the current style and glammour of paintball may attract the viewers.

Yes im being niave and yes i could be over optimistic but id rather live my life this way, and hope for better days, im not saying lets throw everything we have at getting paintball on TV, we should concentrate on developing our domestic scene, but if it goes on TV what harm could there be? everyone here wants to see paintball go as big as it can go, and TV is a natural part of that expansion.

Reactions: Storm.trooper