Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

question bout money??

bryan

walker-texas-ranger
Oct 22, 2001
south cambs
Visit site
why is new paintball gear so expensive in britain? just been watching the financial news and £1 is us$2.03. so with this in mind why do these products cost us so much?? I mean compariatively to the us.

cheers
b

TinFish

Retired Baller
Nov 13, 2006
Northumberland
www.killstarz.com
if you buy from the states you'll more than likeley get stung by customs charges.
It's always the case that gear in america seems cheaper than over here, it's just the way it is.

plus, it isnt THAT expensive over here.

why is new paintball gear so expensive in britain? just been watching the financial news and £1 is us$2.03. so with this in mind why do these products cost us so much?? I mean compariatively to the us.

cheers
b
1. There are a lot more players in the states.
2. The British have always been charged more than anyone else. (Cars for example) Either we have too much money or we are stupid.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
As the exchange rate get more in our favour, as much as people say buy British when you look at the import duty etc then it is still cheaper buying from the US. A strong pound is bad for UK industry as our products cost more to sell abroad, but it makes it better for UK buyers importing products

ethics or cost???

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
This country is just too expensive to run, for every person working there are at least 2 people employed by the government to control how we live. Local councils are the worst, my council tax has doubled in 5 years, but do we have twice the services.

There's a road into cardiff called Eastern Avenue, every week they cone one lane off and do some essential work on it. They even had the cheek to tell us on a purpose made sign that this was costing us £2000 a day, unbelievable. God knows what they're doing to the road, as they're not fixing the road, just picking up rubbish and cutting grass.

bryan

walker-texas-ranger
Oct 22, 2001
south cambs
Visit site
??

thanks for the points above.
yes i agree the american market is much bigger than the uk, granted. But the US has taxes as well as the uk. May not be as high not certain. Even when taking into account import duties and vat the comparative price is in a lot of cases doubled (loking at money values). Why?
just making a point that surely the producers of these goods can see for the sport to have another growth spurt like a few years ago then the goods must be affordable the world over and not just in the states.
we've all heard ballers who cant afford to play any more or miss a couple of tournies a year. its taken me 18 months to replace stolen gear cause i ust coldnt afford it.
i dont put any of the blame for this on the retail stores either (just in case someone was gunna bash me up over that 1) retailers must place a mark up for the risk and costs involved in running an outlet.
But as robbo's article said this month in pgi, the sport must go global. for that to happen it must be affordable!!

Suns

Apocalypse Paintball
Mar 16, 2006
Cambridge
I believe that paintball gear is becoming more affordable in the UK.

If you look at markers, 2 years ago the I think one of the only cheapest high level markers was the Ion...

Now you've got a range of them, Mini, Ion, PMR, Etek ego. Brand new these are relatively cheap.

If you just have a look around there are cheaper alternatives that will allow you to play high end tournament level. Dont forget good old p8ntballer forums for second hand gear :D

bryan

walker-texas-ranger
Oct 22, 2001
south cambs
Visit site
thx suns

thx for the point suns. yes gear is comin down. but cmparatively to the us, uk ballers are paying well above the odds for their gear.

cheers
b