Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

University Paintball 2009

Banil

Fe
Dec 29, 2007
the uni league held one event last year. University of East anglia (my uni) Birmingham, Leeds and University of west england took part, brum did the organizing but it all fell apart! any more qs let me know :)
Still waiting on money back from brum for the tourneys we paid for and never happened

Banil

Fe
Dec 29, 2007
there are 5 players in a x-ball squad so small minibus divide the cost by 5 should be realy cheap then
Its not mate, us at leeds uni tried this and it wasnt cheap, if you have an xball sqaud u will deff need more than 5 people

Banil

Fe
Dec 29, 2007
I think if you kept it to a one w/e event, maybe in feb / march that allowed camping it would be do-able.
Kitty with the amount of teams that showed up 1 year, it might be better off doing a 1day/Weekend exhibition event, just invite uni's down to battle it out to become the top uni, trying to do it millenuim style, with prelim groups, then last 16, 8, 4 then finals, this will only happen if teams show up.

Leeds will be there if it goes together.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
If we get enough support and backing from the Universities, then costs can stay low and participation high.
I might be thinking a bit far ahead, but if it's successful enough then sponsorship could follow and maybe even TV rights. This isn't just an opportunity to bring paintballing to universities but also bring paintballing to the eye of the nation and finally get large scale competitions and leagues
it will never happen. theres not enough young people out there in uni willing to pay the money to start it all off anyway.

and tv is far far far from pro paintball it does get shown in the usa i believe. and i believe thats a rare ocassion correct me if i am wrong
The American collegiate league is filmed and shown in Mcdonalds and sold as dvds

...that being said this aint america and we dont play like americans

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The NCPA National Championship is televised on Fox College Sports in the US although, as you can imagine, they have a bigger pool of colleges/universities to pick from.

I see no reason why a UK (or even UK & Ireland) league shouldn't work, as long as there is somebody with drive, determination and the organisational skills to put a league in place with the right people to run it. A limited number of events, say 3 or 4 would probably be better than one weekend event as it gives more to aim for, rather than one big flash in the pan. (Can you imagine a socker team training all year for just one weekend tournament?)

As for individual clubs/societies, I understand that there will be a turnover of membership, but most courses are three years, so that should give some sort of balance, if you can get freshers in and have somebody dynamic at the helm your committee can be made up so there are members who can take the reigns from the President and senior committe members when they move on, many might even be persuaded to help out after they have graduated. If you put a well thoughout and presented plan forward so you get the support of your university, college and or union then things should be easier.
[/FONT]

Banil

Fe
Dec 29, 2007
Right guys, i'm wanting to set up a university league, having played the last 2 years of the previous university leagues will will be havning one/two weekends so that a uni's can battle it out to be the best university paintball team.

I am looking for a few extra people that could assist me in making a new league structure, finding a suitable venue and getting in touch with other uni's so that we have enough participation.

If people are interested could they plaese pm me and we could all arrange something over facebook/emails etc

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
Right guys, i'm wanting to set up a university league, having played the last 2 years of the previous university leagues will will be havning one/two weekends so that a uni's can battle it out to be the best university paintball team.

I am looking for a few extra people that could assist me in making a new league structure, finding a suitable venue and getting in touch with other uni's so that we have enough participation.

If people are interested could they plaese pm me and we could all arrange something over facebook/emails etc
woody loki a pm he and the rest of loki helped run the previous tourneys at combat and have just moved to a new site called world at war.