Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

University Paintball 2009

sumo89

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
LANDAN
www.myspace.com
My mate is currently setting up a paintballing society here at Queen Mary's. It seems I'm going to be the only person interested in sup'air, but hopefully at some point we'll be able to get a team together if there is an inter-uni league going.

Banil

Fe
Dec 29, 2007
Deffianlty want a inter uni, will open it up to colleges to try and get it BUCS registerd, but this will not happen overnight.

I need to get a group of people together that are committed to make this work

boddy

Aug 29, 2005
Birmingham
If this goes down then im game for it. Just need some others from Coventry Uni to start a team, if anyone else is at Cov and plays drop me a pm :)

Banil

Fe
Dec 29, 2007
Coventry deffiantly had a team a couple of years back, a few ballers might still be around

boddy

Aug 29, 2005
Birmingham
Yeah they used to, but the guy who ran it decided to concentrate on his exams during the final year so it didnt start up just the year just gone :( (even though i tried to drum up some interest on the SU forums)

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
wasn't it Cov that had all the drama a few years back? might be mistaken.

Something along the lines of students shooting up the campus and/or town and the uni vowing to never allow another paintball society. Like I said I could be mistaken and thinking of some other uni :S

Samwell

LUUPBS
Sep 8, 2007
Darlington
Guys before we go down this road again i think you all need to take a serious serious look at what you want from a uni league, im quite happy as most of you know to support any uni league but after the last few years you cannot blame me for being disillousioned. The question really rests on what do you want!? A full scale professionally organised torny, xball, with 6-7 marshalls, full mills set up etc etc...

OR

Do you want something cheap and fun with minimum fuss and maximum turnout? (5 man/3man/7man best of 3, less imaginative fields, less marshalls/ and or self marshall,

The question really lies with what is needed, is it another 2 leg torny that costs £300 plus in entry. and another £200 in paint per team per leg. Because frankly for that cash i rather suport the broader scale Uk paintball scene. Or is it cheap cheerfull and most importantly equi-distant for the unis that will draw teams in?

Its up to you (feel free to tear my grammer etc apart, its far to late for me to care.)

Kitty

www.techpb.com
Aug 16, 2007
Oahu, Hawaii / London UK
www.myspace.com
Having tried to salvage this event before I have come to realise those who step up never follow through with whats promised.

SO... I suggest either one guy does everything or you have a committe of 5-10 all willing to chip in but you still need one person to take control and crack the whip.

I would advise you do a one weekend event somewhere that allows camping (maybe freekz) and you do it in feb when its nice and cold, loans have just come in and its pre-exams and far enough into the year to get enough teams.

There were like 20+ teams waiting to pay last year but the inbred moron i thought i could leave to run the basic monkey click reply stuff found that too hard and vanished!

The fact is students and paintballers are un-reliable, you need someone with a loud mouth and clear direction to take control. Robbo seems a bit busy, are there any mini robbos out there?

I think its important to have a uni / college league in the hope we can get BUCS backing, once it gets classified as a sport in the uni / college scene its a big step for UK paintball. Having set that I encourage local tourneys to be used aswell, I think 20 teams gets BUCS classifications to change to sport.

I am more than happy to guide / advise etc but being that im stuck on a rock the other side of the world I cant salvage the train wreck like I did 2 years ago.

So who has the biggest balls now I have left the country?

Banil

Fe
Dec 29, 2007
Hey kitty if yo dont mind could you email me the list of all the uni's that you contacted last year and i will email them again to see what i hear back.

Us at Leeds dont mind stepping up and looking after this, aslongs as people step up and tell us what they want, we will try and deliver

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com
i know that portsmouth uni have an A and i think a B team who play NSPL and KOTH regularly .. i also know that Southampton uni have a society with nearly enough gear to field a team ... would there be any chance of a backing or support like there is in KOTH where Chris manages to bring in a great number of teams and supply them with gear if they need it.