Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Nexxus out of the NPPL ?

tiger jedi

Apr 4, 2004
South Coast Baby!
www.euro5man.com
TJ Lambini said:
All due respect to Tigers, but didn't they have US guests at every single NPPL event in 05? That aside, no question they did great in tha EXL and yes, they were right up there with Joy and Nexus...
Hey TJ,

We had 3 US guests at Tampa & Jason Trojen at Miami the other 6 events or so in 04-05 including HB were full UK rosters.

"Philosophy"

The AA is GAAY
Jul 13, 2006
wherever the jazz takes me
Tigers have had to completely rebuild the squad this year and as would be expected of any team that have been thrown together and chucked in the deep end we are suffering. a similar situation to Nexus who have seen so many new faces thrown together and expected to perfom with no time to train together and play together. I believe that both teams will have their day once they have had time to grow and train together. no teams go out and exceed after massive roster changes. I hope to nexus and tigers performing the way they should in the next few seasons.

anyway i thought this thread was about nexus' nppl spot!!

jj igotcha

Apr 20, 2005
edge of reason
Visit site
Philosophy said:
Tigers have had to completely rebuild the squad this year and as would be expected of any team that have been thrown together and chucked in the deep end we are suffering. a similar situation to Nexus who have seen so many new faces thrown together and expected to perfom with no time to train together and play together. I believe that both teams will have their day once they have had time to grow and train together. no teams go out and exceed after massive roster changes. I hope to nexus and tigers performing the way they should in the next few seasons.

anyway i thought this thread was about nexus' nppl spot!!
i think the tigers have struggled this season for a mixture of reasons, inexperience being a major factor. but at the end of the day as i said before the brit teams need all the help they can get. unfortunately nexus's NPPL future looks sealed but why did tigers bail out last year when this season seemed to offer so much promise what with the ESPN deal and all that.

tiger jedi

Apr 4, 2004
South Coast Baby!
www.euro5man.com
jj igotcha said:
i think the tigers have struggled this season for a mixture of reasons, inexperience being a major factor. but at the end of the day as i said before the brit teams need all the help they can get. unfortunately nexus's NPPL future looks sealed but why did tigers bail out last year when this season seemed to offer so much promise what with the ESPN deal and all that.

As other people have stated this is a Nexus/NPPL thread i used the Tigers as a example of what can happen. I dont want to open a hugh can of worms on a public forum nor do i wish to discuss the whole Tigers thing with strangers or whoever, not being rude but it is a private matter & something that i am not quite over yet.

So lets just say in my opinion UK paintball has gone way down in terms of quailty teams:( Maybe one day if i find out who you are i will give you a little insight into the logistics of trying to play in Europe & US Major tourneys, believe me unless you are a millionare its virtually impossible to do or at least sustaine.

tiger jedi

Apr 4, 2004
South Coast Baby!
www.euro5man.com
Baca Loco said:
Do the names Bryan Smith and Chris Bell ring a ... ? Think HB and Denver.

I know, I know, we're getting further afield.
Chris Bell dont know that guy but yes you are right we did have old Bryan Lock smith (how is Bryan, isnt he one of your guys now? say hi) with us all tho he did have a pretty bad tourney, great baller tho;) :D Still hardley a yank invasion or ringer team:cool:

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
tiger jedi said:
Chris Bell dont know that guy but yes you are right we did have old Bryan Lock smith (how is Bryan, isnt he one of your guys now? say hi) with us all tho he did have a pretty bad tourney, great baller tho;) :D Still hardley a yank invasion or ringer team:cool:
Characterize it however you wish the point is you stated plainly earlier in the thread who you had playing for you in 05 NPPL events when discussing Tiger results with TJ and you left both players out of your calculation and further said you had only Tigers playing excepting

tiger jedi said:
Hey TJ,

We had 3 US guests at Tampa & Jason Trojen at Miami the other 6 events or so in 04-05 including HB were full UK rosters.
but the facts are Bryan played HB and Bell played for the Tigers in Denver so you actually had U.S. players in 4 of the 5 NPPL events in '05. Not a big deal. Just correcting your memory.:cool:

The other portion of your faulty memory is that B. was playing front for the Tigers most of the HB event and was bunkered nearly every game he was eliminated because there was nobody left alive behind to protect him.:p

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
tiger jedi said:
Pete,

Not digging up crap at all & to be honest i couldn't give a rats ass about Tigers anymore my point is things can change a lot from season to season so just becouse a team is doing well in 04 doesn't mean they will do well in 06 or 07, i was making the point that you can be up one day & down the next, Tigers are the extreme of this i think you will agree.

Next year could see you as top dogs & Joy having problems. If you read the thread i replied to you will see that TJ is bringing up yesteryear not me. I am just pointing out how far teams can go down in such a short period. Sorry if i offended you it was not meant that way any problems give me a call.

Warren
:D :D :D
You didn't offend me at all Warren, I just didn't want old cr@p dug up and causing problems again, that's all, let sleeping dogs lie is what I say.
As for your appraisal re the state of UK ball, I completely agree, as for the reasons, well we both know what the 'average' baller is like over here and it is the 'average baller from respective nations that defines them.
In our case, we had Tigers, Shock and Nexus heading up a UK trilogy in the NPPL and for various reasons we will be down to zero in that league.

I'm not sure it's at all solvable in the short to mid term because as I see it, there are a few people over here who have the knowledge and experience to put together a succesful team and then also have the Stateside connections to make things happen.
And even when you got those in place, they then have to select players from a playing pool that plays host to an average that is way below our peer group in Europe and the slack is generally picked up in other areas if any UK team is to truly compete.
It's like banging your head up against a brick wall :rolleyes:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Sid_Clan said:
So are you going to hold a UK NeXus trials again Robbo??

Hope so....

Sid

Sid, I ain't decided what I am gonna do for sure but rest assured mate, I ain't got no problem with any jocks playing if they are good enough, just as long as it ain't you know who :)