Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ion vs Epithany(?)

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
Don't worry about the spelling:p.
M8 is looking to start balling and was considering buying the Epithany over the Ion..
Yes ,no and why please.
Differences,benefits,etc,etc...don't suggest other guns just give me the lowdown if you know,cheers.

Hobo_Joe

Enjoying the view...
Oct 30, 2004
London
Others will be able to give more details. But from what I have been able to find, the Epih is an upped ION. Better board, bolt... blah blah blah.

Plus it looks a lot better. And for only £50 more its well worth it. The upgrades to the ION alone cost over £130

Seany

www.northernquarterpb.com
Mar 19, 2007
Northern Quarter
www.corruptedpb.com
epiphany is plastic :eek:

and besides i thought the proto SLG comes out soon, that looks top notch!

only SP gun i would ever have would be mikeys hybrid shocker or any shocker balf has blessed!

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts

and besides i thought the proto SLG comes out soon, that looks top notch!

only SP gun i would ever have would be mikeys hybrid shocker or any shocker balf has blessed!
oddly enough theres one for sale;)

but i agree too i only like shockers from SP, the new eos looks good but will perform crap.

go for the ion, the epiphany is a slightly upped ion, and for the same price you can take an ion put lucky parts into it and have a far better gun, simple.

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
the ion runs at 180psi (stock) using a fairly large firing can volume. result is long-ish recharge rate, so at high rates of fire, unless you are using ups and have a good idea of fine tuning, may suffer from varying degrees of drop-off.

the epiphany incorporates a variable volume can (ie: a can with 3 sizes of insert, for 4 different volumes) allowing a reduction in gas volume, requiring a higher operating pressure (250-280psi). This higher pressure gives a huge decrease in teh recharge time, thus firing at high speeds allows you to avoid drop-off. if set up well it can achieve 20+bps (blackheart/aftermarket board, mind) with virtually zero drop-off.

the consistency boost is awesome - and unless you have actually experienced it pretty unbelievable - i didn't at first, then put the internals in and was gobsmacked.

the epiphany also has a better trigger than the ion and comes with a freak barrel.

the eos looks like it is essentially going to be an improved epiphany, with the same internals, but with a clamping feedneck, rail mount and on/off, new milling, frame, Bolt-out-back design blahblahblah

The epiphany is an ion with a metal body kit, better ON button system and a roller bearing trigger.

It also comes with spacers to increase the pressure inside the chamber.
The solenoid is rated to a higher pressure to allow this. But its never been a problem on the Ion anyway.

Compared to most aftermarket body kits, the epiphany body is really heavy and doesnt let you remove the bolt easily.

Unless you really like the look of the epiphany body kit, your better off going with a stock Ion and and getting a few upgrade bits for it.

---
EDIT just want to add to what rider in black said about the Ion performing brilliantly if you step up the pressure.
Ive got a bit of plumbing pipe in mine. Ghetto yes, but no marker out right now can touch it for concistency and low kick during rapid fire.

Scars

Retired tattooed lout!
The epiphany is an ion with a metal body kit, better ON button system and a roller bearing trigger.

It also comes with spacers to increase the pressure inside the chamber.
The solenoid is rated to a higher pressure to allow this. But its never been a problem on the Ion anyway.

Compared to most aftermarket body kits, the epiphany body is really heavy and doesnt let you remove the bolt easily.

Unless you really like the look of the epiphany body kit, your better off going with a stock Ion and and getting a few upgrade bits for it.

---
EDIT just want to add to what rider in black said about the Ion performing brilliantly if you step up the pressure.
Ive got a bit of plumbing pipe in mine. Ghetto yes, but no marker out right now can touch it for concistency and low kick during rapid fire.
Plumbers piping? is this in stock ion internals?

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
well actually, the epiphanys are good markers, accurate, the only difference between ion and epiphany is: chamber inserts, ion fire bolt stock, freak jnr stock and maybe a better board, im thinking about selling mine soon, got a blackheart havnt used it since i installed the board, just making sure it is working before i sell it

Wookie Care Bears Alpha