Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hands up...

D

duffistuta

But Baca...

There are ways round it...and the easiest way starts with the captain. Our rule is simple - get seen wiping, you're off the team. Period. Playing on, if the captain thinks it was deliberate and you felt the hit, same.

It has to start somewhere, and if every team captain adopted that very simple policy then we'd be in paintball nirvana.

Sponsors are becoming more aware too - the Internet is seeing to that - and the days of them turning a blind eye as long as the results are good may be coming to an end. We'll see.

Ultimately though, let's keep bring it back to good old fashioned personal responsibility and morality...surely that should be enough?

L J

big big titties
Originally posted by nudge - teamscream

>>>and people that do put themselfs ou t as soon as their hit without considering to wipe, is either very honest or stupid

as Duff said...words fail me. as soon as i feel a hit, if its the own check zone and i see a burst i call myself out straight away, if its anywhere i cant check i call a marshall over straight away...games are really boring if people wipe because then all you do is make sure you put a few extra balls in there, hence extra love, but this is bad cos i bloody hurts!!! and causes arguments...then the whole game is ruined..... just play properly and its brilliant!!! i have played 3 tournies and i can safely say i have never wiped or done bonus balling, i have had bad calls on me like when kneeling in paint and getting called out but its all part of the game!

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
going back to the origonal topic, running into a bnker with your hand over your mask......now correct me if im wrong but isnt a hand on your head an indication of 'player eliminated' in some tournies? all it would take would be one slightly over zellous marshall!

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Here's a sample of the thread that Burb linked too. You thought what was said earlier was bad, you aint seen nothing yet!!!

Quote:
Theres a few more tricks too...Like when you call paintcheck and you get shot in the Neck, or Back...Call a Paintcheck on your Leg or the place farthest from the spot you were hit in. Sometimes the Ref's let it go.

haha that worked at skyball i was in my bunker and got stitched in my back by the v and then while i was rubbing like 10 hits agaisnt a bunker the ref comes over and i got ref..check my arm, hes says your clean..it was pretty awesome..the chronic paint was like glue man.

Quote:
I hate inexperienced refs... Ive slid into snakes before and landed on 100 paintballs and he calls a hit on me after the game is over and pulled my band... pissed me off.

yea i hate stuff like that also, i was playing a bunker last season and was getting hammered so i knelle down and i guess i knelled into paint and the ref pulled me, if i had really got shot in the knee i would be sure to wipe it off, but since i didnt feel a ball hitting me i was completly unaware.

Quote:
If you get shot in the hand and choose not to wipe it off, just grab your gun and if a ref asks you tell him that there are paintballs all over the ground and you smashed them when situating yourself.

yea, thats pretty risky though casue if the ref doesnt believe you he could pull a one for one becasue it can be considered playing on or inproper use of the refs casue it is an obvious hit.

Quote:
Bonus ball everyone. You never know how necessary this is until you experience the "WTF I just got screwed over" feeling. They wont care, if they do, then they just aren't as smart as you, and dont get pissed if it happens to you, its usually because the opposition wants to make sure you ARE out.

yea thats very true, when i get bonus balled i understand its either casue i was wipping like mad, they want to make sure im out, or i just got in the way of their lanes of fire.I hate it when i bonus ball people and they take it personally, as if there gonna stomp to the my side of the field and fiight me in that casue i start yelling funny things like "get the **** of my field sucka" "you suck".

:eek:

Paul
:)

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Originally posted by cockersrule
erm....who was the person replying to them...i would say he needs a beating but it could be robbo:eek: :D
I doubt very much if it was Robbo mate as all his posts on the matter (else where) are for fair play and no cheats. (Too right as well)

But you are right where do these people come from?
Its terrible :eek:

Its like i have said before that every one says they are against cheats and cheating but it still happens (sometimes in the teams who advocate fair play and we don't cheat)

I am not saying its anyone here or anyone I personally know but just reading all the threads and watching a few games at a tourneys you still see it happen. Some are bad ref calls (only human) others are cheating bar stewards who just don't get caught.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
But Baca...

Originally posted by duffistuta
There are ways round it...and the easiest way starts with the captain. Our rule is simple - get seen wiping, you're off the team. Period. Playing on, if the captain thinks it was deliberate and you felt the hit, same.

It has to start somewhere,

Ultimately though, let's keep bring it back to good old fashioned personal responsibility and morality...surely that should be enough?
Wouldn't dream of arguing with you, Duff, as I do agree. My point was a bit different tho--Here we are (again) decrying the evils of less than ethical play but in all honesty Paintball only finds itself in this position because whatever folks may say it ain't what they're doing.
And so far there is little reason for them to change.
Btw, this thread has inspired a particularly brutal 'Deadbox' I'll send along when it's finished.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
The player was from an American team, I forget which one, not one I'd heard of though. Can't be arsed going back to check. Subscribe and take a look for yourself.....

Paul.
:)